Ombar Centres Raspberry & Coconut Raw Bar

Ombar Raw Raspberry & Coconut Centres Bar

I do love Ombar chocolates, if you can’t tell by now from my previous reviews of their bars! Not only are they dairy free and vegan they’re also made with “raw” cacao which is quite a rarity amongst chocolates. This gives them a sharper more authentic cocoa flavour, although it may not be to all tastes I personally rather enjoy it.

I’ve been keen to try this Ombar Centres Raspberry for ages now, I've seen it in shops locally but kept umming and ahhing over whether to buy it. Luckily I was offered some of the range along with the new Karma Bites snacks to review recently so I couldn't say no to that!

Ombar Raw Raspberry & Coconut Centres Bar

Weighing 35g this usually costs around £1.99. It’s a lot, but bear in mind this is high quality organic raw cacao made by a small company. It’s worth the price, and nicer than other raw chocolate bars on the market. The bar contains a centre of coconut cream and raspberry powder and is coated in 60% cocoa chocolate.

Ombar Raw Raspberry & Coconut Centres Bar

I cut a piece off the bar so you can see the centre - look, it’s pink! It reminded me of a Raspberry Ruffle bar. I took a bite, and at first I could taste the punchy flavour of the raw chocolate - kind of earthy and very flavoursome. The coconut sugar used in place of white sugar further adds to this flavour. The centre is where it’s taken to a new level - it’s creamy thanks to the coconut, but with that characteristic tart edge of raspberry. It’s the perfect pairing; not so strong that it's overpowering, but just enough to get a good fruity hit.

ombar raspberry coconut centres

All in all, this bar is delightful and I’m so glad to see Ombar going from strength to strength since I first reviewed them several years back. I hope to see more varieties in this Centres range and dare I say a large bar version too?!

Are you a fan of Ombar? Which is your favourite dairy free/vegan chocolate? Let me know in the comments!

Nutritional Information (Per 35g Bar): Energy 837kj (202kcal), Fat 15g, of which saturates 9.9g, Carbohydrates 16g, of which sugars 11g, Protein 2.9g, Salt 0g.

Organic ingredients: creamed coconut*, coconut sugar*, raw cacao*, coconut oil*, cocoa butter*, raspberry powder*, ground vanilla pods*. *certified organic. Cocoa solids 60% minimum.

9 out of 10.



Comments

  1. I love these - and they're a Cambridge company! Luckily, since they're local, there are quite a few places I can buy their chocolate. The buttons are my current favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the information. I really like the way you express complex topics in lucid way. It really helps me understand it much better way. Organic Raspberry Powder

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review