Creighton's Chocolaterie Pumpkin Spice Latte Bar

Creighton's Chocolaterie Pumpkin Spice Latte Bar

Pumpkin Spice Latte season is upon us and Halloween is but a week away, so it's only fitting that I review the only chocolate bar I know of (at least in the UK) to combine chocolate with the popular spicy flavouring this week. It took me a while to decide on whether or not to get this bar; after glancing at the ingredients I saw that it doesn't contain real pumpkin, but this is because it's not possible to add actual pumpkin to chocolate, Creighton's informed me on Instagram recently. So how do the other pumpkin spice latte elements work with white chocolate?

By chance I spotted the last few bars of this limited edition in Fenwicks at the weekend and decided it was now or never: I had to snap one up! For £3.99 you get 100g of "spiced pumpkin flavour white chocolate with coffee". I couldnt be bothered waiting to get home to try this bar, so I did what I often do - ate it whilst shopping!

Creighton's Chocolaterie Pumpkin Spice Latte Bar

Opening the paper wrapper it had a nice creamy and spicy aroma, I couldn't wait to get stuck in!

Creighton's Chocolaterie Pumpkin Spice Latte Bar

I took a bite. Initially I was hit by the flavour of the spices; the cardamom was particularly strong with the others creeping into the aftertaste. So far so good, it definitely had a strong spicy kick! This is balanced out with the sweet and creamy white chocolate which is great quality and does a good job of replicating a latte. It was maybe a bit too sweet for my liking (I've become used to darker chocolates lately so perhaps this is why!) I couldn't really taste the ground coffee beans; I could feel their crunchy texture though as I ate the chocolate.

All in all, this is a very nice bar of chocolate, and is pretty much what it's supposed to be: creamy and spicy, replicating the classic pumpkin spice flavour in bar form. It could have done with a stronger coffee boost for my tastes, but hey it's a chocolate bar not an actual latte.

I do hope they bring this out again next year, maybe in a dark chocolate version for the dark chocolate lovers amongst us? :D

Ingredients: White chocolate (sugar, cocoa butter, dried whole milk, soya lecithin emulsifier, natural vanilla flavour), ground coffee beans, flavouring, spices (cinnamon, ginger, clove, cardomom).

Nutritional Information (per 100g): 552 Calories, 35g Fat, 54g Carbohydrates, 53g Sugars, 5.9g Protein. 

8 out of 10.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review