Marks & Spencer Liquid Gold Salted Caramel Sauce

Marks & Spencer Liquid Gold Salted Caramel Sauce

M&S have really upped their game this festive season, and one on-trend food item their Christmas range wouldn't be complete without is salted caramel. When I spotted this "Liquid gold salted caramel sauce" there was no way I could pass on trying it...it contains edible glitter. You can't get more festive than that!

I must admit, on reading the instructions I was a bit puzzled what to actually use it for. They advise that it's not suitable for heating, which is a bit odd for a sauce. On the plus side, it's gluten free and vegetarian friendly.

Marks & Spencer Liquid Gold Salted Caramel Sauce

Opening the lid, it had a lovely buttery aroma and the edible glitter was clearly visible giving it a lovely gold shimmer. The texture was rather thick, so I dug in with a spoon and tried some straight away...it would've been rude not to!

Marks & Spencer Liquid Gold Salted Caramel Sauce

It tasted heavenly, the perfect sweet, buttery and slightly salty combination that makes salted caramel the best of all worlds. I felt a bit naughty eating it by the spoonful though, so I decided to use it as intended: by slathering it over a dessert!

I'd bought a reduced price gluten free Apple Pie from M&S the same day, so baked it as instructed, although had a lot of trouble getting it out of the tin. It ended up a gloopy, broken pastry mess. I poured over the salted caramel hoping to improve it:

Marks & Spencer Liquid Gold Salted Caramel Sauce

It looked much nicer with the glittery shimmer, but was still a mess of apples and pastry - so I dug right in. The sauce goes well with the apple pie, but to be honest I preferred eating it solo. I'm not sure what you can actually use this with in practice, maybe it'd be nice cheekily plopped inside a mince pie to give it a caramel surprise?

Overall, however you use it this salted caramel sauce is really good stuff. I'm not sure it justifies the price tag of £2.50, but if you don't have the time to make your own, this is the best quality you're going to get ready made. Plus it's glittery!

8 out of 10.

If you've tried this sauce do let me know your thoughts in the comments - what treats did you pair it with?

Comments

  1. Never have I once considered putting glitter in my caramel sauce.. Why do stores assume that just because it is Christmas, we want sparkle in everything? I am not opposed to it by any means but I do wonder! Haha :D xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nooooo I like the shiny shiny! I was just raising a point :( xx

      Delete
    2. You do have a point to be fair! I don't mind some glitter but it can get a bit much in everything...I could put it in orange juice and call it festive! xx

      Delete
    3. OY @KevA ! Stop being SAUCY with my wife! We're in a bit of a STICKY patch, but I know she has a SWEET spot for my smooth sauce ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review