Green & Blacks THIN Anglesey Sea Salt Dark Chocolate

Green & Blacks THIN Anglesey Sea Salt

I must be honest, I've never much seen the point of this THIN range from Green & Blacks. Their chocolate is already rather thin anyway, all they have done here is made the blocks thinner and flatter, so they're similar to Lindt bars. Maybe that's the idea. Either way, I rarely buy them, although the Salted Caramel variety is pretty tasty I must say.

Green & Blacks THIN Anglesey Sea Salt

However I'm always game to try a new product, so when I saw this new Anglesey Sea Salt Dark Chocolate variety recently in Sainsbury's, straight into my basket it went! This contains "organic crunchy dark chocolate with sea salt from the Anglesey Coast", contains 60% cocoa solids and is suitable for vegetarians. It also appears to be gluten free and suitable for vegans although it "may contain milk".

Green & Blacks THIN Anglesey Sea Salt

I'm not sure what I was expecting from this, but I don't think the flavours worked that well. I normally like a lick of salt when it's paired with intense sweetness, such as with salted caramel, but here it only has the cocoa and a low sugar content to offset it, so it ends up tasting more of salt and earthy flavours. If you like that sort of thing that's great, but I'd have preferred the flavour paired with a richer, more flavoursome chocolate if I wanted salt with dark chocolate at all. This is an ok bar but it doesn't stand out as something to try again, especially when G&B already make a Salted Caramel variety.

Overall, if you like salty chocolate this is worth a try, but it's not one I would buy again.

7 out of 10.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review