Nakd Apricot Crunch Bars Review

nakd apricot crunch

A few months back, Nakd launched several new editions in their bar range: Carrot Cake, Peanut Delight and these; Apricot Crunch. They've proven rather difficult for me to find, in fact I've only seen them once and that was in Waitrose!

Like all Nakd products, they are of course raw, vegan, dairy free, vegetarian, GM free and gluten free.

nakd apricot crunch

As well as apricots, dates and cashews, these contain soya protein "crunchies"...something I've never tried before!

nakd apricot crunch

Opening the wrapper, the bar certainly had a very strong apricot aroma...

nakd apricot crunch

But the taste was...weird. Now I like apricots but this bar just tasted odd to me, it tasted almost like it had artificial flavouring which is weird since Nakd only use natural ingredients. The protein crunchies provided some nice texture but I can't say they tasted that nice, in fact they tasted somewhat stale - why didn't they use rice crispies instead?

Overall, I really wasn't a fan of this at all, it just tasted all wrong. I can't put my finger on what it is...maybe the stale soya crunchies, or the overpowering apricot flavour. I won't be buying these again.

Nutrition Information (per 30g bar): 105 Calories, 2.2g Fat, 15.3g Carbohydrate (14.3g Sugars), 5.4g Protein. Contains soya and nuts.

What did you think of this bar? Let me know in the comments! 

6.5 out of 10. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review