Ben & Jerry's Save Our Swirled Ice Cream


Ben & Jerry's have brought out a few new ice creams this year, exciting ones like Cinnamon Buns & Pumpkin Cheesecake, but sadly I can't eat those as they contain gluten. Boo! Luckily this new "Save our swirled" variety doesn't, so I had to give it a try when I spotted it recently!


It contains "Raspberry ice cream with marshmallow & raspberry-blackberry swirls & Chocolatey cone pieces". I wasn't too sure how this would turn out really, I haven't had raspberry ice cream in ages, so had pretty much forgotten what it tasted like.

Well, I was very pleasantly surprised, this ice cream was delicious! My first thought was "it tastes like jammy dodger ice cream". I dont know why, since it doesn't contain biscuit and I don't eat jammy dodgers anymore (gluten!), but the strong sweet raspberry flavour is very reminiscent of the jam in Jammie Dodgers.


I absolutely loved this ice cream. The raspberry blackberry swirls are sweet, fruity and maybe a little artificial tasting but in the best way possible. I couldn't really detect the marshmallow swirls, they got lost amongst the ice cream. The chocolatey cones were nice to chew on and had a good chocolate flavour that broke up the sweetness a bit.

Overall, I have to say this Save Our Swirled variety is a triumph! Of course, I can't not mention the reasoning behind the name: it's a call to action to help save the environment, something Ben and Jerry's have always supported. To learn more visit benjerry.com/climate.

RATING: 8.5 out of 10.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review