Boots Gluten Free Salted Caramel Chocolate Crunch


Whilst in Boots recently I noticed they had a few new gluten free snacks. They were hard to spot; this slice had the words gluten free perched on the side of the label very inconspicuously. As well as this slice they also had a coconut slice - review due soon!

This is described as a chocolate and caramel rice crispy base with nuts, salted caramel and chocolate, and cost just over £1 as I recall. I didn't keep a receipt so I can't remember exactly!


As you can see it looks pretty much the same as a millionaires caramel shortcake, but with rice crispies as the base. And that's pretty much how it tasted, like rice crispies with salted caramel and chocolate.


I want to say I enjoyed this, really I do, but the salted caramel actually spoilt it. Don't get me wrong I love me some salted caramel, but in this case it was a little too salty and distracted too much from the sweeter caramel and chocolate flavours. But alas, that's always the problem with salted caramel isn't it? It's either too salty or not quite salty enough, it seems like a balance that's hard to get right.

Overall, this is still a nice slice and is a great option for those who can't eat gluten, but I think Boots would do better to make it regular caramel rather than salted. Regardless, it's great to see Boots catering for the gluten free market, bravo for that!

RATING: 7 out of 10.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review