The Raw Chocolate Company Vanoffee Bar


Recently, I undertook the mammoth task of giving up sugar for a while. Being a longtime fan of new snacks and sweets this hasn't been an easy task...temptation lies on every corner! So do forgive me if there's been a lack of snacks posts recently! I'll still be posting reviews I've got in the archive but after that...who knows. I may start featuring only healthier snack products. Time will tell!

As part of my "healthier" snack sampling I tried this bar of "raw cacao confection vanoffee" from the raw chocolate co, which I found in a health food store for 99p. It's basically a raw chocolate bar made from cacao butter, Lucuma and coconut sugar. So not exactly sugar free, but coconut sugar is supposed to be healthier than refined sugar and is low glycemic, plus its paleo approved if you're on a paleo diet. This chocolate is also vegan, dairy free, contains no gluten or soya, and is of course raw. So it certainly ticks all health boxes!


What the heck is a "vanoffe confection" though? Well, it's basically a raw version of white chocolate. The Lucuma, which is a "subtropical fruit native to Chile, Ecuador & Peru", imparts a sweet, almost vanilla caramel flavour, which I presume is why they've called it vanoffee. The coconut sugar enhances the toffee like flavour even more. The high cacao butter content means the chocolate melts in the mouth beautifully, and overall it tastes like a more luxurious cross between white chocolate and Caramac. Make no mistake though, this is far better than any "real" white chocolate could hope to be!

Overall, I can only recommend The Raw Chocolate Company based on this bar. I haven't tried any of their other chocolates yet but they do some interesting stuff with different flavours such as goji berries, mint, orange etc. I've seen some of their bars in Boots, but I'm not sure if Holland & Barrett stock them yet. To find out more check their website here which includes information On where to buy.
http://www.therawchocolatecompany.com

RATING: 8.5 out of 10. 


Comments

  1. I've been wanting to try these for ages so I am definitely tempted as there is a sale on!! they sound really good :) x

    Sam // Samantha Betteridge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems the sale is only for chia seeds and berries :( shame.

      Delete
  2. Well done on reducing sugar. It can be hard! But it helps when you have healthy alternatives like these. One thing that's helped me is the new alpro coconut and almond yogurts. They curb my sweet tooth but have minimal sugar - even less than plain, no added flavour dairy yogurts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks 👍 I shall have to try that yoghurt, I love anything with coconut!

      Delete
  3. I am desperate to try this bar! It sounds so good! Great review, glad you are doing so well with your sugar free life Kev! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) let me know if you try this bar or any of the others!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review