Nestlé Rolo Dark Chocolate Review



Nestlé UK have been quietly releasing new variations of their classic products over the last year or so...we've had Toffee Crisp in Sharing Block format, a new Milkybar with added Cookies, White Aero's, Toffee Kitkats, Caramel Kitkats, Honeycomb Toffee Crisps, and now these...Dark Rolos.

Although they're called "Dark", they contain only 45% cocoa solids, which I guess is about as "dark" as a mass produced chocolate like this is going to get.


To be honest, if I was given these in a blind taste test I don't think I would have been able to tell they were dark chocolate. They tasted pretty similar to regular Rolos, although maybe a tad less milky. They were still extremely sweet and moreish, with the classic sweet toffee centres making me reach for one too many. Before I knew it half the bag had gone....oops!

Overall, although these are not truly dark chocolate and won't impress chocolate conoissours, they're a very moreish snack and presumably less sugary than regular Rolos, so if you're concerned with sugar intake I suppose these have a place in the chocolate world. I doubt they will stick around, but kudos to Nestlé for trying new variations. I think white chocolate Rolos would've been a better option though to be honest!

RATING: 7 out of 10. 

Price: £1.50 at Sainsbury's.
Suitable for vegetarians?: Yes.
Allergy Information: Contains milk, may contain traces of wheat gluten.
Nutrition (5 sweets): 126 Calories, 5.8g Fat, 17.1g Carbs, 14.2g Sugars.


Comments

  1. I have discovered these and enjoyed them so much I bought 12 packets!! I thought there was a very distinctive "dark" taste and unlike you, I failed to stop at half a packet. Cannot find another stockist yet, having withdrawal symptioms. Good review Kev.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once I learned that chocolate could have some health properties, I wanted to determine what the parameters would be. It turns out health "experts" have decided that chocolate should be a minimum of 70% dark solids. So you are correct! 45% is way too low for true dark chocolate lovers! My absolute favorite is Trader Joe's 72% Organic Fair Trade Belgian 3.5 oz.bars. They have been the same low price for years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHERE in the U.S. can one buy dark chocolate Rolos?
    I love Rolos, and I love dark chocolate, so I'm intrigued by the combination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Others take around 5 to 10 days to speed up your metabolism to expel the THC more thoroughly. While drug test detox drinks are solely effective at helping you pass a drug test, you can try some natural remedies to aid the process. They might not be as successful as detox drinks for weed, but if coupled together with detox drinks, they can help your body eliminate the THC much sooner. If you’re applying for jobs or are searching the job market, it’s better to abstain from using marijuana for that duration. Companies require a drug test before joining so to avoid any risk, you should try to abstain if possible.50-PM Visit: https://www.urineworld.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review