Cadbury Dairy Milk Marvellous Ice Creams: Jelly Popping Candy


Cadbury have recently introduced their new brand "Marvellous Ice Creams" to the frozen food category, which comes in 4 varieties: Zingy Raspberry Choc Brownie, Salted Caramel & Sour Cherry, Fairground Candy Crunch, and this one - Jelly Popping Candy.

Although I was expecting to enjoy Fairground Candy Crunch the most, I actually ended up liking this one a lot more. The tastes and textures were spot on!


It's described as "Vanilla and chocolate flavour ice creams swirled with milk chocolate, sugar coated jelly pieces, fat coated popping candy pieces and candy coated milk chocolate pieces". Although some of those might sound a little odd or plain, they work together perfectly!


As my readers now know (to much amusement, no doubt!) I carry mini cutlery with me wherever I go. What can I say, I like to be prepared in case of finding tasty new snacks!

Like the Fairground Candy Crunch the ice creams were both swirled together with the added goodies mixed in. It's not quite as colourful as the Fairground variety but don't let that fool you...it's just as tasty!


The ice creams were very creamy, maybe not as much as Ben & Jerry's or Haagen Dazs but they were still very good. It was the jelly pieces and popping candy that really livened up the taste, though...the jelly pieces were fruity with a lovely chewy texture, whilst the popping candy brought a nice crackling crunch. It wasn't too overwhelming, and I think those who don't usually like popping candy might even enjoy this.

Solid Dairy Milk swirl
As with the Fairground variety, there was a large swirl of solid Dairy Milk at the centre of the tub. At first I was a bit confused...I wasn't sure what to do since it proved difficult to chip bits off. I ended up leaving it until last and eating it as a solid lump, which was actually very delicious! It seemed a little more creamy than regular Dairy Milk, so presumably contained added fat or something to prevent it freezing rock solid.

Overall, this is my favourite of the two "Marvellous Ice Creams" I've tried so far, but both are excellent and I'm sure Fairground Candy Crunch will be extremely popular. I'm not so interested in the other flavours, but will probably end up trying them at some point no doubt!

Cadbury Marvellous Ice Creams are currently on offer at £2.49 at Asda, so stock up while you can!

RATING: 8.5 out of 10.

Price: £2.49 at Asda (introductory offer).
Suitable for vegetarians?: Yes!
Allergy Information: Contains milk, may contain nuts.
Nutrition (per 100ml): 217 Calories, 10.3g Fat, 28.2g Carbs, 22.9g Sugars.



Comments

  1. Although I can't wait to try these ice creams, I'm not quite sure why Cadbury described the popping candy as "fat-coated". Sounds a little off-putting haha? Nonetheless, I am quite looking forward to trying the Salted Caramel & Sour Cherry ice cream, to me that sounds like it might be the best? Speaking of salted caramel, I've seen the new Galaxy Salted Caramel bars in Sainsbury's on an introductory offer. I think the single bars are 50p and the 130g bars are just over £1 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't a big fan of this one, for some reason I found the vanilla base ice cream really bland with not much of a vanilla flavour whatsoever. I think the mix ins were really good though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I tried the icecream it was alright jelly stuff shit...popping candy cool and the chocolate...the choco icecream bit was a bit mingin so all in all I probs wouldn't get it again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I can say is great work. The effort you put into this is very impressive and I enjoyed every minute of the read. I hope to come back and see more articles you've written. Custom CBD Gummies Boxes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a great blog, i really enjoyed reading this, good luck in your work. Blue Meanie Mushrooms

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely info, numerous blesss towards the player. It really is mystical to my opinion instantly, peaceful with everyday, the beginning other than horizontal is usually overwhelming. Blesss impertinent in addition huge numerous!
    Buy Brazilian Magic Mushrooms Online

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review