Nestlé Quality Street My Orange Bar (new for Xmas 2014!) - Review


Quality Street "My Purple Bar" is a Christmas confectionery staple, and last year Nestlé also launched the "My Green Triangle Bar" to go alongside it. This year a "My Orange Bar" is joining the range...hurrah! Or maybe not...because this is not the much-loved Quality Street Orange Cream, but the inferior Orange Crunch. Curiously, when I saw these in Morrisons there were no "My Purple Bars" alongside them although there were some Green Triangle Bars. Perhaps Cadbury finally won their lawsuit to stop Nestlé using the colour purple? If anyone spots the purple bars in shops please let me know in the comments!


The bar is described as "crunchy pieces in an orange flavoured centre" and the back of the pack elaborates: "Milk chocolate with an orange flavoured filling and orange flavoured crunch pieces (9%). The chocolate contains 14% milk solids as well as vegetable fat.


The bar is split into 4 chunks shaped like the Orange Crunch from Quality Street.


The chocolate had a pleasant smell, but I couldn't detect any orange. I cut into one of the chunks to reveal the truffle centre and orange crunch pieces.


The chocolate tasted nice enough; it's standard Nestlé chocolate so it's milky and sweet. The filling was smooth and melt-in-the mouth, with a pleasant orangey flavour, and the orange pieces added a nice crunch. The overall orange flavour is pleasant, but a little tame, and certainly not as full-on as a Terry's Chocolate Orange.

Overall, this is a nice bar of chocolate if you like the Orange Crunch from Quality Street, but I would've preferred a bar of Orange Cremes instead! I'm sure I'm not alone?!

RATING: 7.5 out of 10. 

Let me know in the comments which you prefer - Orange Crunch or Orange Creme?!

Price: 65p at Morrisons, Superdrug and Boots.
Suitable for vegetarians?: Not stated.
Allergy Information: Contains milk. May contain nuts & soya traces.
Nutrition (per half bar): 98 Calories, 5.9g Fat, 10.2g Carbs, 9.7g Sugar.

Did you know?: Quality Street have done many different flavours over the years, including Gooseberry Cream, Apricot Delight, Fruits of the Forest Cream, Montelimar Nougat, Hazelnut Cracknell, Peanut Cracknell, Almond Octagon... and the love-it-or-hate-it Coffee Cream!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review