Nákd Cocoa Orange Fruit & Nut Bits Review

nakd cocoa orange bits

I've been experimenting with healthy snacks recently (see my review of Primal Joy Foods Paleo snacks HERE), and whilst in Tesco Express these Nákd Fruit & Nut bits caught my eye. They come in a handy snacking bag and so are perfect for sharing...which means of course that I gobbled the lot all to myself!

The "bits" are made up of dates, cashews, raisins, cocoa, rice flour and a hint of orange flavouring, which are then "smooshed together". They are wheat, gluten and dairy free, vegan and contain no added sugar. They're also apparently 1 of your 5 a day.

Opening the bag and pouring some out I have to say I wasn't all that eager to try them - they looked like, well...lumps of poo springs to mind! (sorry, I had to say it!) Thankfully they had a chocolatey orange aroma and such unpleasant thoughts were quickly forgotten!

nakd cocoa orange bits

They were quite fudgy in texture, and had a nice rich cocoa flavour with a zingy hint of orange. They were sweet but not in an overpowering way. I really enjoyed them and found they gave me a nice energy boost without making me feel manic, like regular sugar sometimes does. I did miss the lack of "real" chocolate in them, but reminded myself they're dairy and sugar free so of course they won't taste the same.

nakd cocoa orange bits

Overall, as far as healthy snacks go these Nákd fruit and nut bits are satisfying and tasty, and I think it's great that such sugar-free alternatives are widely available in supermarkets like Tesco. I hope this trend continues and we get more healthy snacking products from Nákd in future!

RATING: 8 out of 10. 

Price: £2 at Tesco Express.
Suitable for vegetarians?: Yes, and vegans.
Allergy Information: Contains cashew nuts. May contain traces of peanuts & other nuts.
Nutrition (per 35g): 145 Calories, 7g Fat, 15.8g Carbs, 13.6g Sugar.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review