Vue Cinemas Thomas Tucker Popcorn - Coconut Toffee, Chilli & Lemon, Smoked Cheddar Cheese Review


When I was contacted to review these new varieties of Thomas Tucker popcorn recently I really couldn't say no...especially since the flavours are very unique for popcorn!

The popcorn market has been exploding in the UK and there's new flavours popping up all the time, but Thomas Tucker will be available exclusively from Vue cinemas, so there's no need to take your own if you want a unique snacks fix! Let me know in the comments which of these flavours interests you the most...

Coconut Toffee:

This flavour was lovely and my favourite of the three. The "lightly popped" popcorn had a crunchy toffee coating complimented with a delicious creamy coconut flavour. The sweet flavours went together perfectly and made for a highly moreish combination - I could easily get through a bag to myself at the cinema! 9 out of 10.

Smoked Cheddar Cheese:

This flavour was a bit odd. I've never really been into savoury popcorn as it just makes me thirsty, which is annoying when you want to watch a film in peace! Luckily this wasn't salty and simply had a tasty strong smoked cheddar flavour. The coating was bright yellow in colour as you can hopefully see here:


I did enjoy this popcorn but it's not something I would choose over other flavours. I think cheese should be a flavour for crisps or crackers really...I prefer my popcorn sweet. Fans of cheesy snacks will no doubt love this though! 6.5 out of 10.

Chilli & Lemon:

This was the oddest flavour of the bunch. I liked it more than the cheese variety as there was somehting oddly addictive about it...the tangy sweet chilli flavour pared with the lemon was very moreish, although my brain was telling me that popcorn shouldn't taste this way! Overall though I thought it was very successful and I certainly wouldn't mind nomming on a bag of this at the cinema. 7.5 out of 10.

Overall
I think it's great Thomas Tucker are being a bit daring and creative with these flavours, it livens up the whole cinema experience and makes a change from regular, boring popcorn (which I'm not really a fan of - it's so bland!). The Coconut Toffee variety is a definite winner and will no doubt be loved by many, and the savoury flavours are very interesting too. There's some other flavours from Thomas Tucker such as Fruits of the Forest, which sounds right up my street!

Which Thomas Tucker Popcorn flavour would you like to try? Let me know in the comments!

*Product was sent for an honest review and all opinions expressed are my own

Comments

  1. The smoked cheddar would be interesting, I remember walkers crisps used to sell cheese popcorn years ago and I loved it

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review