Hotel Chocolat Earl Grey & Lemon Bar Review


Today's review is for a product I've had in the snacks archive for quite a while now...it was available last Summer as part of Hotel Chocolat's summer range, so I'm not sure if it's even around anymore. I couldn't resist giving it a try since I've always been a big fan of earl grey tea...and I thought it could taste potentially amazing paired with chocolate!


Although it wasn't amazing, it was still very, very nice indeed. The bar contains stripes of "mellow earl grey milk chocolate and creamy white lemon chocolate", and combined together they did provide a subtle earl grey flavour. The bar tasted very creamy thanks to the fantastically fresh lemon white chocolate, with the earl grey milk chocolate providing a subtle bergamot flavoured backdrop.


Overall, I thought this was a very tasty bar indeed and one I would thoroughly recommend if you like earl grey tea. I imagine it's not something the average Hotel Chocolat customer would want to try though...I guess I'm a bit weird with my flavour tastes!

RATING: 8 out of 10.

Have you tried this bar? Would you want to? Let me know in the comments! :)

Comments

  1. I tried this one last summer but I didn't like it as much as the raspberry and pomegranate one. I quite liked the orange and elderflower bar as well and there was also a mint one that unfortunately had chilli in it since I can't stand chilli and chocolate combos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was also a banana and caramel bar, which was lovely. Here's the link to a page showing last year's Hotel Chocolat summer range: http://www.hotelchocolat.com/uk/marketing/press/hc-press-releases/summer-june-2013

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou...I love the sound of banana and caramel. I hope they bring some of them back again this year. Mint and chilli just sounds wrong though!

      Delete
    2. I agree with you Kev about the mint and chilli combination. Otter than that, I hope the bars will be brought out again this summer and I know which three I would prefer...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review