Horlicks Cappuccino Review


After seeing sachets of these new Horlicks Cappuccino in supermarkets for the last few weeks my curiosity finally got the better of me and I decided to try one. I wasn't too interested in them initially due to the rather dull-looking packaging, but the idea of a Cappuccino Horlicks had me intrigued. "Aren't coffee and Horlicks polar opposites?", I thought. After all Horlicks is usually advertised as a drink to help you sleep.

It turns out that Horlicks have thought of this and created a cappuccino you can drink at bedtime, by using decaffeinated coffee. Genius! It's described on the sachet as "The perfect fusion of real coffee and smooth Horlicks goodness" and contains added Vitamin D, plus other vitamins.


It tasted pretty good - like a milky, coffee flavoured cup of Horlicks, basically. Because of the malt it almost felt like a meal in a cup and was very satisfying and filling, but with a milky coffee edge. An interesting hybrid for sure!

Overall, I'm not quite sure Horlicks have cracked the "bedtime cappuccino" market just yet, but this Horlicks Cappuccino is certainly a good idea and it'll be interesting to see if it takes off. I expect Nescafe to get in on the act next!

Price: Around 40p, although I can't actually remember now, sorry!
Suitable for vegetarians?: Doesn't state on sachet.
Allergy Information: Contains wheat, milk & gluten.
Nutrition Information (per serving): 77 Calories.

RATING: 7 out of 10.

Comments

  1. It's so interesting that you've reviewed this Kev. I just heard on the radio a few days ago that Horlicks is trying to move away from it's bedtime drink image and rebrand itself as an "all day pick me up drink"! Apparently there are not enough demand for bedtime drinks so they need to appeal to a wider market. I guess the cappuccino is part of that move even if it is a decaff (obviously still want to keep the bedtime drinkers happy too!).

    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/horlicks-to-kiss-its-bedtime-image-goodnight-154438

    Not sure if the Horlicks rebrand is going to work for them though - it just IS a bedtime drink! Anyway, brilliant find Kev, I haven't seen this drink yet but I'll look out for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've usually considered Horlicks to have a rich and satisfying but soothing flavour. It's possible the Cappuccino Horlicks could work for me in a work environment; it's coffee flavour could be familiar enough to integrate into the office, but with the Horlicks side being soothing enough that when you're getting stressed out it's a bit of stolen relaxing 'me' time - even if that's inbetween phone calls and emails!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the article Katherine, interesting that Horlicks want to move away from their bedtime drink image...I always thought their products seemed a bit boring, and not very modern! It'll be interesting to see how they jazz them up!

      Delete
  2. I've had a sachet of this in my bag for months. Just had it after lunch to warm me up, loved it, looked online where to get more, and am now gutted as it seems to have been already discontinued!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review