One Direction Milk Chocolate Bar Review


When I spotted this One Direction branded chocolate bar in Discount UK recently, I thought I'd give it a try in the name of curiosity. "Could it possibly be as bad as their music...?", I thought. Let's find out!

The bar cost 99p and is made by a company called Bon Bon Buddies Ltd. Opening the wrapper the chocolate smelled a little stale and unappetizing. Turning it over revealed a One Direction sticker. I have no idea who this guy is but I'm sure the sticker would make many teenage girls happy.


The chocolate itself comes in blocks with uneven waves on top:


Taste-wise, it was pretty bad. It tasted like calender chocolate - cheap, flavourless, and without any creaminess or strong cocoa flavours. It had an odd woody aftertaste too which was very off-putting. The chocolate contains vegetable fat - a filler often used in cheap confectionery - which might explain the poor quality.

Overall, I don't get why companies produce such rubbish chocolate and plaster the latest boyband du jour on the wrapper. Why not make decent tasting chocolate so people keep buying it? Otherwise they're just selling stickers and packaging. This chocolate is an insult to One Direction fans just as much as their music is to my ears.

Price: 99p at Discount UK & B&M Bargains.
Allergy Advice: Contains milk & soya.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review