Montezuma's Milk Chocolate with Coffee & Cocoa Nibs

Montezuma's Milk Chocolate with Coffee & Cocoa Nibs

Today it's my third and final review from the new Festival 2018 Range from Montezuma's, which have been created to celebrate their 18th birthday. Check out my reviews of their Milk Chocolate and Chai Latte plus the Dark Chocolate with Rose & Vanilla bars.

I've saved the best (in my opinion) for last with today's review...who doesn't love a good old coffee and chocolate combo? Well, granted not everyone but it certainly rates highly in my books. Today's bar consists of 35% milk chocolate with 3% coffee and 2% cocoa nibs added. Maybe not enough caffeine to give you the shakes, but still enough to make a delicious bar.

Montezuma's Milk Chocolate with Coffee & Cocoa Nibs

I'll not bore you with my thoughts on the block design or the packaging today (I love both, FYI) and get right onto the taste.

Of all the various coffee flavoured chocolates I've tried over the years, from milk, to white to dark chocolate, this is perhaps the best I've tasted! It hits the right balance of creamy, flavoursome milk chocolate, rich coffee flavour that is strong enough but not too overpowering or bitter, and a nice crunchy texture from the cacao nibs. I'm pleased they didn't use coffee bean pieces and opted for cacao nibs instead, since coffee beans can taste too bitter and often spoil whatever they're added to. All three elements are executed perfectly here, and kept me coming back for another square (or two!) after I had finished my last. A very moreish and addictive bar indeed!

Overall, if you're a java lover this is definitely a bar for you. It's indulgent, creamy and will give you a nice coffee boost. Although I'd still recommend pairing it with a fresh espresso to make it a super special experience!

8.5 out of 10. 

Ingredients: Milk Chocolate 95% (Sugar, Whole Milk Powder, Cocoa Butter, Cocoa Paste, Emulsifier: Soya Lecithin & Vanilla), Coffee 3% (Contains Caffeine) & Cocoa Nibs 2%.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review