Nature's Charm Condensed Coconut Milk (#Veganuary)


If you're dairy free, one of the big things you may miss from your dairy eating days might be caramel, that lovely sugary substance made from a base of condensed milk. Luckily now thanks to Nature's Charm you can get a vegan variety - condensed coconut milk! Who knew such a thing was possible?

When I saw this in my local vegan store my eyes perked up - I HAD to have it! I love coconut milk and use it in all manner of dishes, so this was the next best thing. Consisting of a mixture of sugar and coconut milk, presumably cooked together to form this gloopy thick syrup.

Nature's Charm Condensed Coconut Milk

Opening the can, it was very thick and already looked like caramel, but with a sweet coconut aroma.

Nature's Charm Condensed Coconut Milk

I tried a spoonful by itself, and it had a lovely fudgey coconut flavour. I had to be careful not to eat too much - it tasted absolutely delicious! This is seriously dangerous stuff and would make a good addition to all manner of things from coffee, cakes, or simpy spread on toast.

I used the rest of it to make a dairy free fudge using dark chocolate, mixing it with melted Green & Blacks and letting it set. It was very delicious and made for a super rich fudge.

Overall, this is a fantastic product and a must-have for any vegan or anyone avoiding dairy that misses condensed milk based treats. I've heard there's a way to turn it into caramel involving a pressure cooker - but you have to wait overnight, and sadly I didn't have such patience, haha!

8.5 out of 10.


Comments

  1. points should be deducted for the use of comic sans font.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review