Asda Free From Mince Pies Improved Recipe Review

asda free from mince pies

I reviewed Asda's Free From Mince Pies last year, but this year they have only gone and bloomin' improved them (again), so here I am reviewing the new and improved versions. The things I do for food research haha!

It's always nice to have more gluten free varieties, and thankfully all the supermarkets are expanding their options all the time - with even Aldi currently doing Gluten Free Mince Pies and Christmas Puddings. It's a step in the right direction for us gluten free folk for sure. I do enjoy Asda's offering, in fact I'd say they're the best budget gluten free mince pies around.

Asda Free From Mince Pies

Free from Dairy and Gluten, but sadly not egg these aren't suitable for vegans. And despite the lack of butter, the pastry on these still tastes lovely and buttery, melt in the mouth and has just the right thickness.

Asda Free From Mince Pies

The filling is moist and gooey, with the right balance of fruits and spice, never tasting too syrupy or sugary. In fact it's rather authentic for a cheaper mince pie.

Asda Free From Mince Pies

I really loved these, and I would say they have in fact improved since last year, it's hard to say how exactly but perhaps the pastry is a little more buttery tasting and the filling is more plentiful? I'm not sure exactly, but for a bargain gluten free treat this festive season these are an absolute must - that's if they don't go out of stock, as always tends to happen with gluten free festive products! Snap these up while you can!

8.7 out of 10.

Comments

  1. I buy these every year! I find it hard to get the dairy free things!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review