Magnum Double Coconut Ice Creams

magnum double coconut

Following on from the new Magnum Ice Cream Tubs, today's review is one that had me very excited indeed when I saw it. I found this Double Coconut or "Cocco" variety in my local Tesco a mere hour after hearing about it online; fate was calling to me, I MUST have it! Into my basket it went without even a glance at the price, along with the new Raspberry variety too.

Priced at £3 a box (working out at £1 per ice cream!) these are gluten free, suitable for vegetarians and described as "Coconut ice cream with a chocolate flavour coating, chocolate sauce and milk chocolate". Having fond memories of the Walls Carte D'or Coconut Ice Cream of years past, I was hoping for a similar luxurious, tropical taste experience with these.

magnum double coconut

The bars looked pretty snazzy with their "Dare to go double" wrappers I have to say...

magnum double coconut

Unwrapping one I bit in; the chocolate shell is very thick and the chocolate sauce oozes out straight away. It's gooey and sweet, yielding to the coconut ice cream below. Now to be honest the ice cream was okay, but it was far from the rich, tropical coconutty experience I was hoping for. The ingredients list 2% coconut paste, so at least it has "real" coconut in, but I'm thinking maybe they just need to throw in some flakes of coconut or something to give it that extra bit of oomph. 

magnum double coconut



Overall, these aren't bad ice creams and no doubt coconut fans will love them, but I do think they could be better. Luckily, there's also a new Double Raspberry variety which I enjoyed a lot more - stay tuned for a review of those!

Nutrition (per ice cream): 239 Calories, 15g Fat, 23g Carbohydrates, 22g Sugars, 2.8g Protein.

Ingredients: Reconstituted skimmed milk, sugar, coconut oil, cocoa mass, cocoa butter, glucose fructose syrup, fat reduced cocoa powder, whole milk powder, coconut paste (2%), butter oil, glucose syrup, skimmed milk powder, whey solids, stabilisers, emulsifiers, modified starch, flavourings. 

7 out of 10.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review