Tyrrell's My Sweet Potato Sea Salted Crisps

tyrrells my sweet potato

Sweet Potato is one of the latest health trends to become mainstream, there's sweet potato versions of many classic potato products now, from baked sweet potatoes, sweet potato fries, sweet potato mash, and a lot more besides. But now they're also invading the crisps world, with Tyrrell's launching their version called "my sweet potato". Cute!

I chose the Lightly Salted variety in Morrisons recently, which cost £1.50 on special offer and is free from additives, gluten free and suitable for vegans and vegetarians. In fact unless you're allergic to sweet potato, sunflower oil or sea salt there's no allergens at all!

tyrrells my sweet potato
These are for you my sweet potato...
To fit the "my sweet potato" theme, there's some comedic messages on the pack from a husband to his wife:

tyrrells my sweet potato
Hope you're not saying I'm a knobbly old thing...
There's even a poem: "My darling, my sweet, with your striking orange complexion, like sunshine through Autumn leaves, or a make-up lady at a department store, you may be simple and rotund, but by golly you're tasty".

Whilst that's a bit of a sexist and backhanded compliment, it does fit the description of these crisps quite well...they're certainly very orange!

tyrrells my sweet potato

They tasted pretty good, very crunchy and with a nice sweet earthy edge that makes a change from regular potato crisps. As I got to the bottom of the bag though, some crisps were rather burnt and not as pleasant. I don't know if they're the burnt broken bits you usually get when frying, but they did spoil what was otherwise a tasty bag of crisps.

Overall, burnt ones aside, these are some pretty tasty crisps from Tyrrell's. If sweet potato is your thing for either taste or health benefits, you can't go wrong with a pack. Get yourself to Morrisons now while they're still on offer! Also available in Sweet Chilli and Coconut and Lime flavours.

Nutrition Information (per 31g): 164 Calories, 10.5g Fat, 14.9g Carbohydrate, 4.9g Sugars, 1.2g Protein.

8 out of 10.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review