Snickers White Chocolate: Limited Edition (UK)

snickers white chocolate

Today's post is all thanks to my wonderful blogger pal and part time snacks-dealer Reaching For Refreshment. She kindly sent me some of the new Limited Edition White Chocolate Snickers bars recently, which only seem to be available in a handful of Premier stores in the UK. There was no English writing on the wrapper; just Polish and Romanian, so presumably they're imported from one of those two countries. I have no idea if they're suitable for vegetarians or what ingredients they have - safe to say they contain nuts and milk, though!

snickers white chocolate

Removing the wrapper, I was surprised how dinky the Snickers looked. I don't often eat Snickers bars so I keep forgetting that like most other chocolate bars these days, the size has shrunk somewhat. This one weighs in at 49 grams.

snickers white chocolate

I didn't waste any time and split the bar in half. Plenty of golden caramel oozed out...

snickers white chocolate

There were plenty of peanuts visible within the caramel and the nougat too. I prepared myself for what was bound to be a very sweet taste sensation...

snickers white chocolate

And indeed it was very sweet! At first I didn't really notice much about the white chocolate - it's milky and sugary, but as it's a thin layer it takes a while to notice any deeper flavours. I decide to make a coffee to eat the rest of it with...and the heat from the coffee allowed the chocolate to melt in the mouth more easily. This brought out the creamier flavour that white chocolate is known for, and made for a very enjoyable peanutty, nougatty sweet experience.

snickers white chocolate

Overall, this is definitely a nice Snickers variation and I'm so glad I got to try it...it's something I've wanted to see from Snickers for years. However it wasn't quite as amazing as I had built it up to be. Don't get me wrong it's a nice bar, but the white chocolate just isn't the best around. I would probably try one again if I see it locally but it's not something I would go out of my way for.

If you want to try one of these for yourself, do take a look in Premier Stores if you've got one nearby, or failing that there's always eBay.

Nutrition Information (per bar): 241 Calories, 11.8g Fat, 29g Carbohydrates, 24.8g Sugars, 4.4g Protein.

7.5 out of 10. 

Have you tried/found a White Snickers bar yet? If so let me know your thoughts in the comments!


Comments

  1. Ooh, I wish we'd get those here in the US! They look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are confirmed GAF (good as f***). Kev, you should try new M&S festive macaroon 3 pack next :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got a 5 pk of these in Amsterdam last week.
    Very nice!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review