M&S Salted Butterscotch & Maple Syrup Milk Chocolate


I do love a new M&S chocolate bar, and they've been adding quite a few varieties to their own label range recently. There's interesting flavours such as Liquorice and Blackcurrant, Clementine and also this; Butterscotch and Maple Syrup. I don't think I've ever had a maple syrup flavour chocolate before so I simply had to give it a try.


It comes in the rustic cardboard style packaging that features across M&S's new bar range. This bar contains 32% cocoa solids and the cocoa is fairtrade, single origin from the Dominican Republic. It's described as  "Milk chocolate with salted butterscotch pieces and maple syrup" and is suitable for vegetarians.


The chcolate itself is very smooth and creamy with a good flavour, definitely more flavoursome than M&S's standard milk chocolates. The butterscotch adds a nice crunchy, slightly salty kick and the maple syrup flavour creeps in behind it. It's subtle and perhaps not as prominent as I'd have liked, but it's nice and works with the butterscotch. It's definitely a very moreish and indulgent bar, a step above the ordinary!

Overall, this is a seriously tasty bar; I would've preferred more emphasis on the maple syrup, but it's still great in its own right. I'm eager to try more varieties form this new single origin range now...the white chocolate one in particular is calling me!

8 out of 10.

Comments

  1. I'll be posting a review up of this soon too but pretty much completely agree. More maple but still good!! I definitely want the white chocolate one too but haven't seen it in my local store yet :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review