Doisy & Dam Lemon, Poppy Seed & Baobab White Chocolate


I love trying new chocolate bars, especially if they are white chocolate, so I couldn't resist buying this Doisy & Dam "lemon, poppyseed and baobab" bar when I spotted it in a mini M&S recently. The only downside? It was around £2 for a 40g bar! One day my curiosity will make me a very broke man...


Perhaps explaining the price is the fact that all Doisy & Dam bars are handmade in Norfolk using all organic ingredients. Respect for that. This one in particularly is gluten free and suitable for vegetarians.


I love a good quality white chocolate, moreso when it has lemon in it, but I haven't had one with poppy seeds in since trying Seed & Bean's Lemon & Poppyseed White Chocolate many years ago. So I was rather excited at the prospect of trying it once again!


The bar is small and chunky, with the aroma of a good quality white chocolate and hints of lemon. I took a bite; it melts in the mouth at the perfect rate, it's smooth and creamy and not overly sweet or milky. The poppy seeds add a slightly nutty crunch, which compliments the subtle lemon flavour. It's rather cheesecake-like. I wasn't sure I could taste the baobab, there's an extra fruity earthy flavour in there too so maybe that was it. This is definitely a very yummy bar and tastes excellent quality.

Overall, as good as this bar is, the price is still too high for me for it to become a regular purchase. If it were a larger bar I might be happier to pay for it. I do understand though that when buying organic, you're going to pay a higher price so I can't really fault Doisy & Dam on that one. I will buy more of their bars again if I see the other flavours in shops.

8 out of 10.

Comments

  1. What are the Macros for this bar?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here you go: https://doisyanddam.com/products/lemon-poppy-seed-baobab

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review