Alpro Dessert Moments: Coconut Review

alpro dessert moments coconut

After trying the Alpro Dessert Moments Hazelnut Chocolate and Almond Vanilla, there was only one left for me to track down...the elusive coconut! For some reason Tesco only just got this in a week after the Almond Vanilla variety, so I snapped one up as soon as I could.

alpro dessert moments coconut

This is available in the revamped chilled Free From section in Tesco, or at least it is in my local one. It's suitable for vegans, gluten free and nut free, and contains 30% less sugars than standard dairy based chilled desserts. They cost £2 for 4 pots.

alpro dessert moments coconut

Like the other desserts these are made with hulled soya beans, various thickeners and also 5.3% coconut milk. They had the texture of cold custard - never a bad thing - and a mild but pleasant coconut aroma.

alpro dessert moments coconut

I was a little worried these might have the same unusual soya flavour as the Almond Vanilla variety but luckily, the addition of coconut milk seems to have balanced it out. These have a pleasant creamy coconut flavour that is very nice, maybe not as strong as I'd have liked, but it's still yummy. I certainly ate more than one pot!

Overall, of the three Dessert Moments varieties I would say the Hazelnut Chocolate is hands down the best, but this is a good second, with the Almond Vanilla being one I would avoid.

Nutrition Information (per 100g): 79 Calories, 2.2g Fat, 12g Carbohydrates (9g Sugars), 2.5g Protein. Dairy and gluten free. Contains soya. 

8 out of 10.

Have you tried the Dessert Moments range? If so which was your favourite variety? Let me know in the comments...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review