New Alpro Coconut Dairy Free Ice Cream

alpro coconut ice cream

Alpro have launched a new range of Vegan Society approved, Dairy Free ice creams onto the market, all of which should be appearing in most Tesco stores soon. I've already reviewed the Hazelnut Chocolate variety, and today it's the turn of the Coconut.

alpro coconut ice cream

Like the Hazelnut Chocolate one this is gluten free, soya free and is made with soluble gluco fibre (I still have no idea what that is!) and 13.3% coconut cream.

alpro coconut ice cream

I was hoping the addition of coconut cream would improve the taste and texture of this compared to the Chocolate Hazelnut, and it has...but not by much.

alpro coconut ice cream

This does have a vague coconutty flavour, and is creamier than the Chocolate Hazelnut variety. It reminds me of Carte D'or Coconut flavour ice cream that was available yeeeears ago, but sadly, it's again ruined by a weird stale taste presumably coming from the soluble gluco fibre. I didn't feel like eating much of it, which is rather unusual for me.

Overall, I appreciate that Alpro are bringing out Dairy Free Vegan ice creams, because we do need more dairy free options that don't rely on soya...but they need to up their game. There's companies in America that sell ice creams purely made from coconut milk so I don't see why it can't be done here...I guess we are still a nation scared of fat!

7 out of 10. 

Have you tried this ice cream? What did you think of it? Let me know your thoughts in the comments...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review