Marks & Spencer Caramel Filled Milk Chocolate


This Caramel Filled Milk Chocolate bar has been around for a while now in M&S, since they brought out the Milk, Dark & White Chocolate bar in fact, but I've never had a chance to give it a try. However last week it was reduced to 75p on a clearance offer so I couldn't not buy a bar! I'm not sure why so much M&S stuff is on clearance right now...maybe people are only buying their Spirit of Summer range (it wouldn't surprise me since it's all they seem to sell now!)


Like the other bars in this range it comes with an interesting block design, with grooves as well as blocks.


I don't know if it's because it was close to the sell by date, but I didn't I didn't much like this bar at all. The caramel was very grainy, almost as though the sugar in it had crystallized. It didn't taste like normal gooey caramel at all. The milk chocolate was ok, it's the standard milky stuff M&S use on their own label chocolates (which I'm convinced is produced by Thorntons - the taste is very similar!)

Overall, as much as I had high expectations for this bar I can't say it's one I'd buy again. It just seemed a bit lacklustre, even compared to mainstream caramel bars like Galaxy Caramel & Dairy Milk Caramel. 

6 out of 10. 

Comments

  1. I haven't tried any of these bars.. Kinda of glad I haven't - Don't wanna rock the boat and ruin the good track record M&S currently have going on the bloody! Haha xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review