Cadbury Dairy Milk Big Taste Toffee Whole Nut


Recently Mondelez/Cadbury decided to copy their Milka range from Europe and bring out these "Big Taste" bars under the Cadbury brand. Why they can't just directly import the Milka versions is beyond me...I guess us Brits will only buy chocolate if it has the words Cadbury Dairy Milk slapped on it?!

As an FYI, the Milka "Toffee Ganznuss" version of this bar is currently available from B&M Bargain Stores for only £1.99 (check out the lovely One Treat At a Time's review), and also please do check out The Snack Warrior's review of all three Dairy Milk Big Taste bars.

I didn't fancy splashing out three quid per bar, and I'm allergic to gluten so I couldn't try the Oreo variety, so it was a toss-up between this or Triple Choc Sensation (click for Nibbles & Scribbles review). This sounded like the more luxury bar out of the two, so into my basket it went!


Sadly there's no hand-selfies this time (The Snacks Warrior will no doubt be crying!), but above you can see a few pieces from the bar. They're quite chunky and each block has a circular dome with the Cadbury logo printed on top...fancy!

I scoffed a hefty amount of the bar whilst I was out and about (I walk a lot, I needed the energy!) so there was only about a quarter of it left by the time I got home to take photos...oops!


There's no denying that this is a very moreish and tasty bar. The chocolate is...well...it's the super-sweet substandard stuff that passes for "Dairy Milk" these days, but it played second fiddle to the filling anyway. The filling is comprised of "toffee flavour filling (32%), caramel (10%) and hazelnuts (8%)". It was very creamy and sweet, with a lovely toffee flavour, whilst the gooey caramel brought some nice sticky texture and the hazelnuts were nicely toasted and crunchy. The combination works together very well although it's dangerously sweet in excess. This is definitely a bar to share, even I struggled to finish it off and I'm notorious for my sweet tooth!


Overall, this is a good bar in and of itself but it's a shame Cadbury have to use substandard Dairy Milk to sell it when the Milka version tastes soooo much better and costs less. If you've got a B&M bargains nearby, seek out the Milka Toffee Ganznuss instead, but if that's not an option you can currently find Dairy Milk Big Taste bars in larger Sainsbury's stores.

8 out of 10. 

Comments

  1. You've had a lot of sugar lately for someone who is sugar free.. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sugar free and #notsorry. At least I'm not chopsy ;) xx

      Delete
    2. You said only the other day that you were sugar free and then I moaned about you being cantankerous! xx

      Delete
    3. That was a week ago, things change :) Now you're the cantankerous one haha xx

      Delete
  2. I still have yet to try any of the new big £3 bars - this was the one that I majorly wanted to try so I'm glad to hear that it was pretty good. Once Easter is out of the way with I think I'll have to pick these up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review