Aldi Dairyfine Caramel Buttons Review


Over Christmas I was lucky enough to make regular visits to Aldi, the perfect place for a quick late night cheap choccy fix, and whilst there I spotted these Dairyfine Milk Chocolate Caramel Buttons...which look suspiciously similar to Cadbury Dairy Milk Caramel Nibbles! I mean, even the name Dairyfine is an obvious ripoff of Dairy Milk!

I can't say I'm bothered though because Dairy Milk is a bit rubbish these days...but how does Aldi's version compare?


Well, these Buttons cost a lot less than Cadbury Caramel Nibbles, I believe they were about 80p although I can't remember exactly. (For comparison the RRP for Cadbury Caramel Nibbles is about £1.99, although they're regularly on offer for £1) You get plenty in the bag too, no doubt more than the Cadbury version!


They're shaped like...erm...nipples rather than buttons (come on, we were all thinking it!), they're slightly larger and chunkier than the Cadbury ones with a less scuffed appearance. So far so good!

They tasted just as good too, if not better! There seemed to be more caramel in them and it was runny rather than chewy, just the way I like it. The chocolate wasn't as waxy as Dairy Milk is these days and tasted a tad richer with a more solid texture. These were some tasty Chocolate Buttons indeed, very moreish, and because there were plenty in the bag they lasted a bit longer than usual (which isn't long for me haha).

Overall, I have to say these Dairyfine Caramel Buttons have triumphed over the Cadbury version, they're better value and IMO taste much nicer. If you're lucky enough to have an Aldi nearby and in need of a cheap snacks fix; buy a pack, you won't regret it!

8.5 out of 10. 

Comments

  1. There amazing, just like all aldi chocolate,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think much of the dairyfine chocolate smells vile and doesn't taste great never by them again not even worth the price doesn't have that nice chocolate smell

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review