Betty Bakes Toffee Crisp Gluten Free Slice


Whilst on a long train trip recently I needed a decent snack to keep me going. As well as a huge bag of Pick & Mix, I got one of these Betty Bakes Toffee Crisp slices from the Ikea cafe.


It's a similar concept to Millionaire's Shortbread but with a base layer of crisped rice and chocolate instead. Above this sits a layer of buttery toffee, topped off with milk chocolate. The combination of all three is of course very, very delicious! The toffee layer is very buttery and great quality, giving a really luxurious feel to the bar. The chocolate is delicious and finishes everything off perfectly.

Overall, this is a tasty snack whether you are gluten free or not, and I hope to see Betty Bakes slices become more widely available!

RATING: 8.5 out of 10.

Comments

  1. I did NOT know IKEA sell these! I won seven cakes in a Facebook competition years ago and they were delicious but I've never seen them for sale anywhere :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the wonderful review! We have stockist around the country and are growing these daily. Currently you will find us in "main" stores such as ~ Waterstones Cafes, Wyevale Garden Centres, Jamie's Italian, Selfridges, Wholefoods Markets, Ikea, Debenhams, if you want more information on locations nearest to you please email janine@heavenlycakes.co.uk withyour location and I will direct you. Many Thanks for your reviews ... keep them coming! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeek - thanks so much! I will definitely be visiting some of those!

      Delete
    2. You're most welcome, and thank you for the info on stockists! I do recall seeing one of your slices in waterstones cafe.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review