Nestlé Baci Perugina Dark Chocolate Hazelnut Bar Review

nestle baci perugina dark

A 99p Store opened near me recently so I had to check it out, and of course I went straight for the chocolate aisle like an excited kid! When I spotted this bar of Nestlé Baci Dark I couldn't resist - Baci chocolates are awesome, especially in bar form so I was curious how the dark compared to the milk chocolate variety (click here for a review of that one from Evening Treats).

Unfortunately the bar wasn't all dark chocolate...it had a dark chocolate base with a milk chocolate upper half. This was a bit confusing to my poor tastebuds; I'd rather have either all milk or all dark chocolate!

nestle baci perugina dark

The chocolate was very nice, it was full of a rich hazelnut gianduja filling plus whole and chopped hazelnuts, but unfortunately the dark and milk chocolates kind of cancelled each other out. The dark half spoiled the creamy sweetness of the milk chocolate, and didn't have a particularly rich or strong cocoa flavour - it just tasted of unsweetened chocolate. The milk chocolate was delicious though and brought a creamy sweetness to the hazelnuts, which is what I was really after! The gianduja was very tasty; think of Nutella in bar form and this comes pretty close.

Overall this is a very tasty and moreish bar, but the plain milk chocolate variety is much superior! Stay tuned for a review of that one soon, and also check out Evening Treats review of it HERE.

RATING: 7 out of 10.

Price: 99p at 99p Stores.

Comments

  1. Aw, thanks for the mention! Your life will be much improved now you have a local 99p Store ;)

    I'm not a big dark chocolate lover so I wouldn't prefer this bar anyway but it's a shame it didn't live up to your expectations. Enjoy the milk one though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most welcome :) I love 99p stores, must admit I spend a bit too long in there sometimes lol. They had white Baci chocolates there the other day, must stock up!

      Delete
  2. This looks really nice! This might sound really stupid but can you buy them in Britain? I have never seen them before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beth, I've only ever seen them in 99p Stores and Family Bargains. Caffe Nero also sell regular Baci "Kisses" chocolates.

      Delete
    2. Also some B&M stores are selling tins of Baci Kisses.

      Delete
  3. Go on Kev please, please name and shame the 99p store as I just adore Baci. I didn't realise you could get it in bar format and would love to get my hands on some. There are loads of £1/99p stores around and I'm hoping there will be a branch of yours locally.

    I'll also check out the B&M stores too for the tins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of discount stores are selling them right now...there must be a glut of unsold Baci that no one wants lol! I've even seen them on market stalls.

      Delete
    2. Oh goodness, I feel an Anneka Rice moment coming on in my challenge to nab as many different varieties as possible....!
      Thanks Kev,

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review