Cadbury Dairy Milk with Chips Ahoy! Cookies Review

cadbury dairy milk chips ahoy cookies

The new products from Cadbury this year keep on rolling in...with the latest addition to the Dairy Milk range being this new variety with Chips Ahoy! Cookies. It's an odd addition since most UK folks have never heard of Chips Ahoy! cookies before - they aren't even sold over here! Maybe Mondelez are planning to launch them soon though.

The bar contains a biscuit flavoured cream filling, with pieces of chocolate chip cookies embedded within - it's somewhat similar to the Dairy Milk with Oreo bar in fact.

cadbury dairy milk chips ahoy cookies

The chocolate smelled very biscuity, and according to the wrapper the filling is "biscuit flavoured" so I don't know if they've mixed biscuit paste with it as well as the cookie pieces.

cadbury dairy milk chips ahoy cookies

It tasted good, in fact very good and I would say it even surpasses the delicious Dairy Milk with Oreo! The filling was very dense and creamy with a rich biscuity flavour, with the cookie pieces bringing a nice crunchiness and the chocolate chips adding further to the texture. I've never tried Chips Ahoy! cookies before so I can't say if these are like the real thing, but they're certainly very tasty.

Overall, this is a welcome addition to the Dairy Milk brand and one I hope sticks around. Although, I do think it might have some competition with the Oreo variety since they're both rather similar bars. I hope next time Cadbury bring out a new flavour they choose something without biscuit, such as coconut filled Dairy Milk, or Peanut Butter Dairy Milk (they've already done this in other countries!)...now that would be a real winner!

RATING: 8 out of 10.

Price: £1 at Tesco.
Allergy Information: Contains wheat, gluten, milk, soya. May contain nuts.
Suitable for vegetarians?: No - possibly due to e-numbers.
Nutrition (per 3 chunks): 85 Calories, 5.4g Fat, 8g Carbs, 7.3g Sugars.

Comments

  1. You're right - how weird to use Chips Ahoy! when not many Brits have heard of the brand! I can't wait to get my hands on this though so thanks for the heads-up (I hadn't picked up on this variety before!) :)

    I'm still dreaming of the day they do a peanut butter Dairy Milk too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, it seems so obvious! Maybe they don't want to compete with Reese's though..

      Delete
    2. Oh Reese's in dairy milk! I suppose I can dream :/

      Delete
  2. Another bar that would sell well in the US but thanks to that dodgy 1988 Hershey/Cadbury contract it probably won't ever be released there. It would do well in Canada though (if it isn't there already).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Canada do their own interesting Dairy Milk bars, I believe...I'm sure they do a pretzel/peanut butter combination. That Hershey deal is so odd, but I'm surprised Kraft don't just launch these bars with a different name in the US. They could push the Milka brand, for example.

      Delete
  3. Oh man, I've been on the look out for this! I'll double check all my nearby Tescos. I love Chips Ahoy!, them and Oreos are basically the only shelf cookies in the game in the USA, so I'm a fan naturally. Hearing that it's cream flavored like biscuits...boy, that sounds unreal. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had Chips Ahoy cookies before and they're simple chocolate chip biscuits. I loved the Cadbury Oreo bar so I have high hopes for this one now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is it supposed to be a pirate character ? Hence the cutlass. "Chips ahoy" = "Ship ahoy" ?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Noooo! I am devastated that this isn't vegetarian :( probably use shellac in it or something like that, great review though! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shellac is vegetarian. I'm guessing this isn't veggie because they've used whey powder that comes from animal rennet-containing cheese. Just like the nutty Marvelous Creations one. Stupid Cadbury.

      Delete
  7. Ah I've been wanting to find this for ages I really want to try it!! Looks interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never imagined Cadbury's doing this for the UK

    ReplyDelete
  9. don't bother trying this newest flavour from krafts cadbury. It's horrible tastes rank and just not worth being on the shelves. The chocolate is overpowringly sweet and not much of cookie taste to it. Krafts should leave cadbury alone they have ruined a very british brand now longer tastes the same as it used to.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Been boycotting Cadbury since K***t raped it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The mixture of cookies chocolate is just weird. I tried Milka Chips Ahoy and they taste, blah. So no hopes this one will taste better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never know but it could taste nice. I never purchased Cadbury items and it is staying that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't try to harm you Cadbury's but non of your bars are here in where I live.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review