Tunnock's Caramel Log Wafer Review

tunnock's caramel wafer log

A big thankyou to Bring Back Banjo Chocolate Bar for sending me this Tunnock's Caramel Log as part of a cool snacks package recently...stay tuned for more, and in the meantime please sign her Petition to bring back the awesome Banjo Wafer Bar!

I was a big fan of Tunnock's Coconut Snowballs as a kid, but oddly I've never tried any of their other products. I know they have a lot of history and a strong fan-base, though, so was very curious to see what this Caramel Log Wafer would be like. Although the packaging is rather retro and plain, opening it up revealed a rather cool-looking wafer bar that somewhat resembles the Hershey's Zagnut:

tunnock's caramel wafer log

It's described as a "Roasted Coconut Covered Caramel Wafer Biscuit" which sounded like the perfect combination to me - coconut and caramel? I couldn't wait to get stuck in!

tunnock's caramel wafer log

Cutting it open revealed a thick caramel wafer, which smelled sweet and coconutty. Biting into a piece I was met with dense wafer with the chewy, buttery caramel sandwiched in-between. The wafer was quite wheaty and almost like a waffle rather than a wafer. The toasted coconut added a lovely edge that made it very moreish. The combination of all three elements worked together perfectly!

Overall, although I wasn't expecting much from this wafer it really surprised me and is a delicious bar indeed - I'll definitely be buying these in future!

Many thanks to Bring Back Banjo for sending me this bar, please sign the petition here to bring back Banjo chocolate bars - every bit of support helps!

RATING: 8 out of 10. 

Price: £1.59 per 8-pack at Tesco.
Suitable for vegetarians?: Yes.
Allergy Information: Contains wheat, gluten, milk & soya.
Nutrition (per wafer bar): 134 Calories, 10.4g Sugar, 5.3g Fat.

Comments

  1. These are delicious but the messiest thing to eat ever

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried Tunnock'seacakes and their original Caramel Wafers before. Both of which are quite nice. Will look out for these Caramel Logs when I pop to Tesco later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Let me know what you think! Morrisons also sell them.

      Delete
  4. bit of a rid raw

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is my favourite snack but sometimes i slabber and get it on my bib

    ReplyDelete
  6. wish i could buy this product but i cant because im a shark and i live under the sea LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. i cannot go to this restraunt as i have a rare condition called albinoism and i cannot go in the sunlight


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this product goes well with sheperds pie

      Delete
  8. do you think I could use my flying fox to get to the shop????

    ReplyDelete
  9. its pure good when your baked with your big sisters boyfriend watching Jessica jones

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey! just wondering does this product contain eggs because i dont want to eat my family

    ReplyDelete
  11. • The characteristics of this fake pee, including its look and smell, behave as an extremely close chemical alternative to real human urine. • A separate mixing vial decreases the chance of cross-contamination between varying formulations. • A detailed product pamphlet is included for easy-to-follow instructions • This is not a premixed product. • The air-activated heating pads cannot be reused for other drug tests. This kit from Test Clear is a standout option, providing powdered synthetic urine that mimics the characteristics of real pee. It impressively combines all of the qualities that make up real, drug-free human urine.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review