Co-Yo Dairy Free Coconut Milk Yoghurt Review


I'd been searching for this CoYo Dairy Free yogurt for ages last year - I'm a big fan of coconut milk products for their health benefits - but unfortunately it proved rather elusive to track down! Luckily since then it has appeared in a lot of organic and whole food stores, which can only be a good thing.


In short, this yogurt is simply delicious! It tastes just as good as regular cow's milk yogurt, in fact I would say it surpasses it since it doesn't have that strong acidic taste. It's much creamier thanks to the coconut milk and tastes a lot more satisfying. I'm sure it would be perfect with cereal or for mixing with fruit, and of course it's suitable for anyone with a dairy allergy. It's sweetened with xylitol which makes it sugar-free, plus it contains probiotics as well as being vegan, nut-free and gluten-free. Thank goodness it's not deliciousness-free!

Overall, CoYo gets a big thumbs up from me and I would highly recommend it to anyone sensitive to dairy or who wants something that is healthy but delicious. I hope to see CoYo yogurts in major supermarkets in the future!

RATING: 9 out of 10.

More infohttp://www.coyo.co.uk/
Allergy Information: Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Soya Free, Egg Free.
Nutrition150 calories per 100g serving and 0g sugar.
Available From: Ocado Online

Comments

  1. Agreed! I'd love to see these available in a mainstream supermarket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks simply amazing and delicious! The consistence seems to be perfect.
    Do you know the nutrition facts for one cup?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marlien, according to their website it contains 150 calories per 100g serving and 0g sugar. They don't mention fat.

      Delete
    2. Great review Kev.
      Have I missed it,or is the price mentioned anywhere?

      Pete

      Delete
    3. Hi Pete, price varies depending on the shop you buy it. It's £3.55 for a 250g tub from Ocado:

      http://www.ocado.com/webshop/product/CO-YO-Coconut-Milk-Yoghurt-Natural/79502011?from=offers&parentContainer

      Delete
    4. I hate to disagree with everyone but I bought the plain one and the chocolate one and I found them both absolutely revolting. It was only the extortionate price I'd paid for them that stopped them going in the bin.

      Delete
  3. I love Co-yo too, but my LO has found it a bit sour for her liking. I recently found the answer was a quick squirt of syrup. Now she loves it!

    I love that Ocado stocks it and have heard that Waitrose do too, but only certain stores. I really hope it does become more mainstream, as I can't tolerate soya - which is your usual dairy replacement. I also hope the price can be brought down a bit - it's far more expensive than normal yoghurt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found 3 small tub flavours in Tesco, tried the chocolate one. It tastes slightly sourish and the price is pretty steep, but what i didn't like the most is that they use sweeteners, the chocolate one had stevia in it, i'd prefer molasses or raw sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought a pot of the coconut yoghurt, opened it well within the use by date and found it was just solid from top to bottom. I went online to see if this was how it should be and it seemed not. So I looked at Co Yo's website to see if I could ring customer services and ask if it was ok to eat or what I should do. To my surprise, there is no number, you can only email - not so good for a fresh food manufacturer I think.

    Anyway, emailed them and got a reply 30 hours later saying all about how they had changed their tapioca starch supplier how they are testing to how much to put in and how I could should help them with their research. My question was ignored!

    I emailed back to say I did not want to be part of their testing, I just wanted to know if my product was safe to eat and what my options were. I was amazed to get a reply with 2 paragraphs telling me off for not wanting to be part of their testing and 2 lines saying I could take it back to the store or they could send me a voucher if I wanted! What appalling customer service and this at £5 for a pot of yoghurt! No concern for my health nor that their product was faulty.

    There has been a recent recall of their products and together with this experience, I would have NO confidence in the health or quality of their products.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review