New! Cadbury Wispa Gold Hot Chocolate Review

cadbury wispa gold hot chocolate

I was very excited when Wispa launched their new hot chocolate drink last year - the first time the Wispa brand has been extended into drinks. In my review I commented that they should also do a Wispa Gold version, and low and behold now they have! It seemed like a no-brainer really, since Wispa Gold is almost as iconic as the original Wispa bar itself.

I picked up a 27g sachet at Asda but I've seen the jar version in a few shops too, and Tesco stock both. It's described as "Hot frothy caramel choccy", and the instructions are to pour hot water onto the powder and "stir to release the bubbles". And that's exactly what I did!

As I poured on the hot water the powder began to crackle and fizz slightly - almost like Rice Krispies - and became very bubbly until it resembled the interior of a Wispa bar! I don't know what monstrous chemicals they've put in it to produce such frothiness but it's rather impressive and certainly lives up to the Wispa name. 

cadbury wispa gold hot chocolate

It tasted lovely - very sweet and chocolatey with a strong caramel flavour, and of course very bubbly and creamy. It had an unmistakable "Cadbury" chocolate taste, which I'm sure everyone is familiar with. And aside from the sweet caramel flavour, that was the defining element - the unmistakable and comforting taste of Cadbury chocolate. It elevates what might otherwise be a nice-tasting hot chocolate to something extra special. 

Overall, this is a lovely drink that definitely does justice to the iconic Wispa Gold. I think it'd go particularly nicely with an actual bar of Wispa Gold; I imagine it would taste amazing dipped in the hot chocolate - a perfect combination!

I reckon they should do a Wispa Mint version next - it just makes logical sense. But then they would have to bring back the Wispa Mint bar too!

RATING: 8.5 out of 10. 

Price: 36p per sachet. 
Suitable for vegetarians?: Yes. 
Allergy Information: Contains milk and soya. 
Nutrition (per 27g sachet): 1.9g Fat, 17g Sugar, 109 Calories.

Comments

  1. I have a sachet of this in my kitchen cupboard and I can't wait to try it now! Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just had this. Didn't find it particularly nice. Galaxy light hot chocolate is a lot better. Won't be getting this again

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review