The Original Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bites Review (Poundland)


Whilst in town recently I was absolutely ravenous and looking for a quick snack for a sugar hit. I was in Poundland at the time and amongst all the cheap chocolates I came across this box of "The Original" Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bites, alondside a regular Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough version and a Fudge Brownie version. I didn't hesitate to pop some in my basket, being a fan of anything with peanut butter!

I wish I had hesitated though. These things were AWFUL! I could never have imagined a product with peanut butter in would taste so bad, but these really really did. When I opened the pack I was so hungry I could have eaten a smelly old sock (which would have been gourmet in comparison to these!).


Putting one in my mouth I was met with a stale, rancid tasting paste. I'm not sure how to describe it really other than a waxy mass of staleness! I could only eat one, which is saying something considering I was so hungry, and it's very unusual for me to stop at just one chocolate once I start! There wasn't even any flavour to the chocolate other than staleness. It's not like they were past their best before date either - it's in 2015!


I looked these up online and it seems I'm not the only one who didn't like them - check out the reviews on Amazon. I can understand why Poundland are selling them so cheap now! The company that produces them is called "Taste of Nature", which is a rather odd name for a company that makes junk food... unless of course they mean it's meant to taste like badger poop.

Overall, these are an awful awful product and I would recommend everyone avoid them! Spend your £1 on a bar of Milka instead!

Price: £1 at Poundland.

RATING: 1 out of 10

Have you tried these Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bites? Did you think they were as awful as I did? Let me know in the comments!

Comments

  1. Unfortunately your review doesn't surprise me in the slightest, I have a deep deep dislike of anything 'Cookie Dough Bites' related - after being stung by a high import price on the Cinnamon Bun bites and finding the product waxy, grainy, sugary and pretty much altogether nasty. I might be a bit curious as to how you know they taste like "badger poop" though. :) Thanks for the fun review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This review had me giggling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't like these either when I tried them several months ago - I was gutted! Especially as they cost me something stupid like £2.99 :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I laughed at the "badger poop" comment. These bites are not bad but the Red Velvet bites are worse. Plain sponge bites instead of the red ones I was expecting in a red coating - very disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I paid £2 for these from Tesco (I only went there as they have a small range of American sweets) and couldn't see a brand name on the packet so was a little sceptical. These are absolutely foul and don't deserve to be associated with the mighty name of peanut butter! I had one a few times then kept putting them back in the cupboard. I wish I had read your review first! The chocolate on the outside was ok so after reading your review I decided to suck the chocolate after them then spit them out. I felt quite sick afterwards but wanted not to have wasted the entire £2! These are truly the worst 'things' I have ever tried. Absolutely filthy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought some of these (well, the regular Cookie Dough Bites without peanut butter) last year and wow, they're the most disgusting things I've tastes in years.

    They are not even comparable to the lovely chunks of Cookie Dough you get in Ben and Jerry's. Everyone should avoid these like the plague!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad I'm not alone with my disgust over these!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review