Nestlé Orion Lime Cream & Dark Chocolate Cream "Krémová" Bars Review


During the Summer I got the chance to try several Nestlé Orion chocolate bars from a local import store. According to Nestle.com, Orion is a Czech brand which came into existence in 1896, starting as a small confectionery buisness in Prague. The brand quickly gained popularity and soon represented one third of chocolate production in the Czech Republic. It was acquired by Nestlé in 1991.

I'm a big fan of Orion's Studentska brand, so I was excited to see how their regular bars would compare. Today I'm reviewing both their lime cream and dark chocolate cream, or "Krémová" bars.

Orion Krémová Lime:

This is a simple milk chocolate bar containing a smooth lime cream flavour filling and lime flavour pieces. The chocolate is standard Nestlé milk chocolate and tasted perhaps a tad creamier than what we get in the UK. It was very sweet. The lime cream filling had a tangy but subtle lime flavour, which was very pleasant, but it wasn' t quite as tart and zingy as I had hoped for. It was very creamy and refreshing though and had a lovely smooth texture.


Overall, I was a bit disappointed as I'd been hoping for something with as more full-on lime flavour. Lime and chocolate isn't paired together often but when it is it works very well indeed (who else remembers retro sweets Chocolate Limes?!)

RATING: 6 out of 10. 

Orion Krémová Dark Chocolate:

This bar surprised me in being my favourite of all the Krémová bars I tried. It's a dark chocolate bar containing a dark chocolate cream filling, and although it may sound a bit simple it turned out to be very tasty indeed, proving that sometimes "simple" is best! The filling was smooth and creamy, but also very rich thanks to the added cocoa. Combined with the dark chocolate it made for a rich, satisfying and yet creamy chocolate bar. It was a pleasure to eat and went very well with a cup of coffee.


Overall, out of all the flavours from the Orion Krémová range this was by far my favourite!

RATING: 8 out of 10. 

Please stay tuned for more reviews of the Orion Krémová range, including raspberry and yoghurt, vanilla cream and caramel!

Have you tried any Nestlé Orion bars? If so which was your favourite? Let me know in the comments! :)

Comments

  1. Hello, Everyone. I haven't tried any of these. I just got really excited because I saw my favorite flavor of Orion Bar, Chocolate with lime cream. It just made me excited and it represents me the number 94 because Chocolate is 9 and green lime is 4. I love looking at the lime cream center enrobed inside of the Chocolate because it represents me the number 94.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review