Mr Kipling Raspberry Candy Cane Slices Review


Whilst in Morrisons the other day I spotted these new slices amongst the rest of Mr Kipling's festive range. I don't usually bother with christmas-themed cakes, but the idea of a cake with candy cane in sounded really appealing to me. I was in a rush so I put a box in my basket without reading the description.

Unfortunately when I got home I was a bit disappointed to find these cakes don't contain pieces of candy cane as I had initially thought. Instead they are "Raspberry and vanilla flavour sponge baked with pieces of raspberry (1%), finished with a decorated vanilla flavour topping". No mention of candy cane at all! It turns out they're meant to taste like raspberry flavoured candy canes...so basically of sugar and raspberry.

The slices are twin wrapped in plastic trays, which is a nice idea but it does mean you're more likely to eat both at once! Which is no bad thing if they're tasty...and luckily they were!


Despite my disappointment over the lack of candy cane, I thought the slices looked really pretty with their pink and white icing and raspberry pieces dispersed throughout the cake:


Biting into one I was met with a very sweet raspberry flavour and a pleasant vanilla undertone. It was a little on the artificial side but very nice nonetheless. The cakes were very soft in texture which made them very easy to eat, and they went perfectly with a cup of coffee. Of course, I ate two because once the pack was open I couldn't allow the second one to go stale! ;)


Overall, these are definitely some tasty cake slices, but it's disappointing they don't contain anything resembling candy cane.

RATING: 6.5 out of 10. 

Price: £1 at Morrisons.
Suitable for vegetarians?: Doesn't state.
Allergy Information: Contains milk, eggs, wheat, gluten, soya. May contain nuts.
Nutrition (per slice): 115 Calories, 4.8g Fat, 11.3g Sugars.

Comments

  1. So dorky to call them candy cane and then not include uh...any candy cane. Nice try, I guess! Peppermint and vanilla cake could be quite nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh that does sound nice! :) I'm surprised they didn't include crushed candy cane in these slices to be honest, it can't cost that much to implement and it would make such a unique cake.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review