Monty Bojangles Mince Pie Christmas Fudge Review


Whilst in Morrisons recently I spotted this Monty Bojangles Mince Pie flavour Fudge reduced to £1.50 so thought I'd give it a try...but only in the name of research of course! 

I've never tried a christmas "spiced" fudge before so was curious how this would work in practice. It's described on the box as "Butter fudge with added mixed fruit and spices made with no artificial colours or flavours". It contains raisins as well as orange and lemon peel. 


Whilst it's described as fudge it might have been more accurate to call it "tablet", as it had that hard, crumbly consistency that traditional Scottish tablet has, which personally I'm not a big fan of. I find it to be overly sweet and it usually dominates all other flavours that stand in its way! That was definitely the case here - the fudge was very, very sweet indeed, which is a shame because it it was actually rather nice. The mixed fruit added a realistic mince pie flavour and a nice chewy texture, which made it rather special and unique as fudge goes. There was a delicate flavour from the spices which really complimented the dried fruit. 

Overall, this is an interesting fudge flavour for sure and it certainly has that familiar comforting flavour of mince pies....but it's one for the very sweet-toothed! 

Price: £1.50 at Morrisons (reduced price - also includes salted caramel fudge).
Suitable for vegetarians?: Yes. 
Allergy Information: Contains milk. May contain traces of gluten or nuts. 

RATING: 6.5 out of 10.

Comments

  1. I saw this last year, I think, in a Lakeland shop and was quite curious - but seeing how it looked rather crumbly and sugary in the packet, I didn't pick it up. Whilst I love a mince pie flavour profile, after seeing your review I think I was probably right to give this one a miss. Thank you for satisfying my curiosity! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review