James Chocolates Popcorn Chocolate Bites Review


A big thankyou to James Chocolates who sent me a box of their Popcorn Chocolate Bites to review recently. They're described as "Milk caramel chocolate mixed with natural popcorn, crunchy butterscotch pieces and a little sea salt".

James Chocolates are a company I had never heard of until recently. They make a cool range of luxury handmade chocolates in fun flavours and shapes, including many animal-shaped chocolates. I especially like the sound of their strawberry milkshake cows! You can check out the range HERE.

Onto the chocolates then, I wasn't sure what to expect as the vibrant packaging doesn't really give much away - there's just a little plastic window so you can see the contents. In a world of companies who increasingly use photoshopped images of their chocolates on the packaging, I found this quite refreshing as it allows the chocolate to speak for itself.

Opening the chocolates I was met with a lovely aroma of caramel and popcorn - the fresh kind you get at the cinema. It smelled very enticing! The pieces come in varying sizes, which gives them a nice rustic feel.


Biting into a piece I was amazed by just how delicious it tasted...it was so, so moreish! I've eaten chocolates containing popcorn before but never any that tasted this good. The popcorn tasted fresh and crunchy, almost as if it were freshly popped. The chocolate was very rich and good quality, with the flavour of salty caramel making it ridiculously moreish - I seriously couldn't stop eating it, even though I was full! There were little pieces of crunchy butterscotch in the mix too which just added to the experience even more.The main overriding flavour though was that of the popcorn, making the bites both savoury and sweet at the same time.

Overall, these Popcorn Bites are a seriously addictive creation from James Chocolates and one I can't recommend highly enough. The combination of popcorn, salt and sweet flavours is just amazing and I wish more companies would produce chocolates as tasty as this!

RATING: 9 out of 10.

Allergy Information: Contains milk & soya. May contain nut traces.
Cocoa solids: 36%.

Please stay tuned for my review of James Chocolates Minty Penguins - they look very cute!:

*I was sent these chocolates for an honest review and all views expressed are my own. 

Comments

  1. I love James' chocolates! Not only are the products super cute but they're also really tasty! I haven't tried that popcorn chocolate. I may have to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review