Costa's White Hot Chocolate & Cream Review

After hearing about this new addition to Costa's Christmas Menu for 2013 I just had to give it a try. As well as this variety Costa have also brought back their Black Forest Hot Chocolate, plus Honeycomb & Cream Hot Chocolate, Salted Caramel & Cream Latte, as well as a Gingerbread & Cream Latte complete with a mini gingerbread man! They're also doing festive cakes such as Gingerbread Muffins, Black Forest Fancy, Chocolate Orange Fancy, Mince Tarts, and a gluten-free Christmas cake slice. You can check out the full Christmas Menu HERE.


As much as I wanted to try the Black Forest Hot Chocolate, I went for the White Hot Chocolate instead as white hot chocolate is such a rarity - not many cafes seem to sell it! Unfortunately I was a bit disappointed as they hadn't put any cherry sauce or edible glitter over the cream as advertised. I would have mentioned it to the staff, but I was cold and the drink looked so nice I didn't want to wait any longer!


Despite the lack of cherry sauce and glitter I still thought the hot chocolate was nicely presented. The cream looked really tempting and the dusting of cocoa powder was a nice touch. I do find Costa's saucers a bit of an odd shape though - all the weight is concentrated onto one side, which makes it a bit tricky to balance when carrying it.


Taste-wise the hot chocolate was very creamy and milky, with a nice vanilla flavour. It had an almost "alcoholic" edge to it that I can't quite put my finger on...maybe from the white chocolate syrup? Anyway it was still very comforting and milky, and I really enjoyed digging into the cream on top - very indulgent. In hindsight though I do wish I'd asked for the cherry sauce as it would've quite literally been the cherry on top!

Overall, this made a nice change from Costa's regular hot chocolates and I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys white chocolate or milky drinks in general. I'm definitely looking forward to trying the rest of Costa's Christmas Menu!

Price: £2.95.

RATING: 7 out of 10.

Comments

  1. Well I fared slightly better in that mine came with the gold stars, but no cherry sauce for me either (I wasn't overly bothered as I can take or leave that flavour!).

    I agree that it's a lovely, creamy change, and it was deliciously warming on the cold day I bought one. I would have liked a stronger white chocolate flavour though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like a lot of people haven;t been getting the promised cherry sauce...must be because the staff aren't used to serving this variety?
      I agree about the white chocolate flavour, it was a bit weak.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, might be! To be honest, I thought I'd got it wrong so I didn't think to ask. I only knew about the sauce from a picture I saw on Facebook so when it didn't come with it I thought it must have been a request you had to make for an extra cost. It was only when I saw your tweet later that day that I realised!

      Delete
  2. When I ordered mine, it was from a service station on the way back up to University after reading week. Needless to say, it was to take away and I was left feeling a bit disappointed. Whilst the white hot choc was nice initially, I noticed that it was just that, white hot chocolate, where was my cream!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the wonderful recipes and my mouth is watering to see this photos and definitely i will try this at home for my children.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I managed to get one with the cherry sauce and stars during the first week or so. The stars don't change the flavour but they look so nice! The sauce gives it a nice slightly sharper, stronger note which breaks up the creaminess (but not too much and in a good way). I don't think it's the baristas - they will have been briefed in their last staff meeting - but I suspect they haven't ordered enough in / were having trouble getting hold of enough from suppliers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This product can detoxify your urinary, circulatory, and digestive systems in just one day The program promises to help you pass any drug test with flying colors, and apparently, it delivers on them Find the cap on the test end of the kit, remove it, and note the arrow at the end03 If the agency fails to do so, it may face legal issues Then, the sample is analyzed for traces of substances Visit: https://www.urineworld.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review