Cadbury Dairy Milk Vanilla Mousse Snowman Review


Christmas products in September - what kind of insanity is this?! It all started with the new Cadbury Wishes Little Wishes I reviewed the other week, and the early xmas onslaught continues with this new vanilla mousse-filled chocolate snowman from Cadbury.

I say snowman, but it's a pretty poor excuse for a snowman if you ask me. The shape is rubbish. It's not cute, it's not realistic...it doesn't even have a face! It's almost as though they found a cheap baking mould in a discount store and thought: "this'll do for our chocolate snowman this year".


Sorry to be such a scrooge but...it looks so boring! I wouldn't have minded if the chocolate itself didn't taste quite so boring too.


Opening the wrapper the chocolate smelled very sweet and typical of Dairy Milk, although I could have sworn it wasn't quite its usual distinctive chocolatey self. I hope Cadbury's aren't skimping on chocolate-quality as well as mould-quality!


Biting the head off (chocovore that I am!), I expected an explosion of vanilla creaminess, but was met with an overload of sugary milkiness instead.The flavour of the mousse was very sweet and overbearing, without any subtlety or gentle vanilla flavours. I had hoped it would be like the vanilla mousse from Cadbury Egg 'N' Spoons, but alas, the flavour seemed to be much sweeter and nowhere near as good.

Overall, I was unimpressed with this Dairy Milk Mousse Snowman. It could have been so much nicer if only they'd used a creamier filling with less sugar in it.

I'm interested to see how the "Merryteaser" christmas offering from Mars will compare to this. It's supposedly like the Malteaster Bunny but in a reindeer shape - now surely that can't go wrong!

Price: 2 for £1 at CO-OP.
Suitable for vegetarians?: Yes.
Allergy Information: Contains milk and soya. May contain nuts.
Nutrition Information (per 30g snowman): 165 Calories, 10.5g Fat (5.9g Saturates), 16.5g Carbohydrates (16g of which sugars).

Comments

  1. I've never eaten a snowman in Semptember. Where does he have eyes ?!
    Such sweets usually taste unpleasant

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo, I'll have a look for these next time I pop to the Coop.
    There have been Xmas bits and pieces popping up all over the place for a few weeks now! Kinda sucks - like this snowman, I guess!

    Emma
    (Dear Thirty)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HMMMM I heard about these and liked the sound of them,However from the sounds of it these are ones to be warn of. Perhaps I'll wait until I feel festive enough to take all the sugar :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't believe the Christmas stuff is out already! I was really looking forward to this snowman..thinking he would be like Egg n Spoon. Shame he's not! :( Is it kind of like the old Cadburys Bliss bar?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's pretty much the same as Bliss - wouldn't surprise me if they used the same recipe.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review