Cadbury Dairy Milk Snowy Delight (Limited Edition) Bar Review


Whilst looking for the new Cadbury Winter Wonderland bar in Tesco recently I was surprised to come across this limited edition Dairy Milk "Snowy Delight". I suppose I shouldn't have been surprised though, since there's been an almost never-ending stream of new product releases from Cadbury this year!


The description of "Milk chocolate with a vanilla flavour filling" made me yawn a little bit, as it means this is basically just a repackaged version of the now-discontinued Dairy Milk Bliss bar (which also made a limited edition resurgence for the 2012 Olympics as Dairy Milk Silvery Creme).

Grumbles aside, I have to say I did like the packaging - the picture of the Dairy Milk block on a sledge is a fun, festive touch which really made me smile!


Taste-wise the bar was very nice; the chocolate was typical Dairy Milk, and the filling was very smooth and creamy with a nice vanilla flavour.

Whilst it was all very pleasant and tasty, for a Christmas limited edition I felt this bar was a bit uninspired. Why not add some cinnamon or gingerbread to the filling and make it truly Christmassy? Vanilla isn't much of a Christmas flavour!


Overall, this isn't a bad bar of chocolate by any means but for a Christmas limited edition it's a bit of a letdown. It fails to bring anything exciting or festive to the table, which is surely what a Christmas limited edition should be all about?


Luckily, Cadbury have also brought out a limited edition bar with tree-shaped blocks that is far more interesting - please stay tuned for my review of the Dairy Milk Winter Wonderland!

Price: £1.40 per 120g bar at Tesco.
Suitable for vegetarians?: Yes.
Allergy Information: Contains milk and soya, may contain wheat and nuts.
Nutrition Information (per 3 chunks): 87 Calories, 5.8g Fat (3.4g Saturates), 7.6g Carbohydrates (7.6g Sugars).

RATING: 6 out of 10. 

Comments

  1. Oh no!! Why do they keep releasing the same bar just under a different name! I guess it's pretty much the same as the Snowman too..but in block form.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly my thoughts...they seem to have a penchant for vanilla cream filled chocolates, I'm guessing it must be cheaper to produce or something.

      Delete
  2. Yeah.......I agree, it's not very inspiring is it? I'll probably buy a bar, if I see it ( and if it's on offer), but Yes!! A little predictable on Cadbury's part.

    Emma
    (Dear Thirty)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taste-wise the bar was very nice; the chocolate was typical Dairy Milk, and the filling was very smooth and creamy with a nice vanilla flavour. atkins milk chocolate delight

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review