Cadbury Dairy Milk Marvellous Creations: Jelly Popping Candy & Cookie Nut Crunch

cookie nut crunch jelly popping candy beanies

There's been a lot of excitement brewing in the snacking world about these new bars from Cadbury. They have already been launched in Australia and are apparently a big hit over there, so Cadbury have decided to launch them here in the UK too.

To my surprise, I found these almost literally on my doorstep at a local Premier store. They were price marked at 50p per bar, which is an RRP Trial Price. Presumably they will be bumped up in price at a later date.

The wrapper designs are quite cool and very eye catching. I think they look a lot more fun and quirky than regular Dairy Milk bars.

Opening the wrappers I was met with the unmistakable aroma of Cadbury Dairy Milk. I couldn't wait to tuck in! The blocks are irregularly shaped which I think is a nice idea; it adds to the overall "fun" experience of these bars.

jelly popping candy beanies
Jelly Popping Candy
Jelly Popping Candy Shells:
This bar is described as "Milk chocolate with fruit flavour jellies (6%), sugar coated cocoa candies (6%) and popping candy (4%)".

jelly popping candy crunch
Jelly Popping Candy
Taste-wise, this bar was delicious if not a bit unusual. The jelly pieces added a lovely fruity chewiness to the creamy chocolate, and the sugar coated candy added a nice bit of crunch. As you would expect, the popping candy crackles in your mouth, giving a weird fizzy sensation.

I guess whether you enjoy this bar or not will depend on whether you like popping candy. Personally I really enjoy it in chocolate, and I mourn the loss of the X-Ploding Smarties bar from years ago (which had a similar concept to this), so I actually enjoyed this bar despite how unusual it is. It's a unique combination of tastes and textures and is very tasty.

jelly beans popping candy
Jelly Popping Candy
Cookie Nut Crunch:
This one is described as "Milk chocolate with pieces of biscuit (8%), crunchy almond caramel (5%), and chopped and roasted caramelised hazelnuts (3%)".

cookie nut crunch caramel
Cookie Nut Crunch
There was no weirdness at all from this bar; just familiar delicious flavours. This is undoubtedly the star of the two bars and is one of the nicest new mainstream chocolate bars I've tried in a long time. The combination of flavours and textures is perfect; you've got sweet crunchy caramel, buttery biscuit and caramelised nuts. All of these flavours combined with the creamy Dairy Milk made this a very moreish bar.

cookie nut crunch caramel
Cookie Nut Crunch
Overall:
I enjoyed both of these bars and think they are a great idea from Cadbury. I hope to see new varieties added to the range in the future; perhaps even one with peanut butter? Pretty please, Cadbury?

Price: 50p per 47g bar.
Found at: Premier Stores. Also available at Morrisons in small and large bars.
Nutritional facts/ingredients:
Jelly Popping Candy - Conatins milk, wheat, gluten, soya. Suitable for vegetarians.
Cookie Nut Crunch - Contains almonds, hazelnuts, milk, wheat, gluten, soya. NOT suitable for vegetarians.


Comments

  1. This is such a brilliant review Kev and well done for finding them! I haven't had any luck near me but fingers crossed they'll hit the shops soon.

    I'm one of those people that doesn't really like the idea of popping candy in chocolate so I might give that first bar a miss. The Cookie Nut Crunch on the other hand, oh my, that sounds delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Katherine :) I was really surprised to find these actually, I thought they'd take forever to find lol. Have you tried your local Premier stores?

      Yeah popping candy is a bit of an aquired taste isn't it! Not many people seem to like it in chocolate at all.

      Delete
  2. A truly excellent find Kev! I am on the hunt for these and really can't wait to try them. Alas, there is no Premier Store near me, but the local Best In newsagents may well have them. I'll be keeping em peeled.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marcus :) They're out in Morrisons now, not sure about other supermarkets.

      Delete
  3. I have no idea why, but my reviews of all three Australian Marvellous Creations flavours is consistently one of the top-viewed posts on my blog. But it seems my favourite one in Australia, the peanut butter one, isn't available to you over there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean you actually get a peanut butter one? Wow! I don't get why Cadbury haven't brought it out here too. Maybe they're waiting to see how successful the range is before they add another flavour.

      Delete
  4. Wait, what?! Why the hell is the nutty one not suitable for vegetarians?? :( :( Heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linz, I'm not really sure! I thought it might be the shellac at first, but both bars contain it so it can't be that. I'm guessing it might be the whey powder or something. It contains "partially demineralized dried whey" which the other bar doesn't.

      Delete
  5. I can't wait to try these, I am literally so excited that they are coming out in the UK!! Awesome pictures Kev!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree that the Cookie Nut Crunch is definitely the star of these too bars..so moreish and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unfortunately I find that the actual chocolate in these bars does not taste like the normal Cadburys Dairy Milk chocolate. More Kraft influence?

    ReplyDelete
  8. The popping candy flavour sold out at my local co-op before they got the next delivery in! The other one on the other hand has barely sold at all. Maybe the popping candy is a bigger hit with kids?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Review Kev! Great price at 50p. Fill your boots while it lasts. :)Delicious

    ReplyDelete
  10. Errggghhhh its so annoying why has the 1st one fot gluten in its so frustrating and its not fair ;(

    ReplyDelete
  11. i've tried the first one and found it quite nice, unfortunately i wasn't so keen on the jelly bits in it, but the rest was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My favourite of these bars is the Jelly Popping Candy Shells (what a brilliant name!). The jelly bits had some sort of cherry and raspberry hybrid flavour and the popping candy reminded me of the now defunct Wonka Xploder bars. I like the Cookie Nut Crunch as well, especially the cookie bits that really look like mini chocolate chip cookies and smaller versions of Cookie Crisp cereal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Were those Wonka Exploder bars out in the UK? I can't remember them although there was an Xploding Smarties bar out years ago.

      Delete
  13. I just got back to Australia after being in England for a few months and was thrilled to see all the amazing flavours of this chocolate we have here. There's a marshmallow, clinkers (An Aussie chalky sweet)and raspberry chunks one, one with gummi bears in, a popping candy one, cookie nut crunch and my personal favourite, banana candy, peanut butter chips and chocolate biscuit flavour. Check them out: http://joyville.cadbury.com.au/#!/

    ReplyDelete
  14. hey kev. amazing review and it is the first time im reading one of your blog posts. btw im so lucky that not only do i have access to this chocolate (like literally one block away) but there is an amazing 2 for 80p offer going on for these choc bars! i haven't tried the jelly popping ones because im afraid that it may contain gelentine and plus i am in complete adoration for the cookie nut crunch edition that i can't stop eating them ~ sammy

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have only tried the popping candy, It's bad. Very very bad.
    I'm going on holiday soon to Greece, and this bad chocolate bar has been almost solely responsible for me not trying to get in shape in the months leading up to it.
    It is ridiculously delicious, I really didn't like the idea but got hooked regardless when a friend decided to share his joy! God it's good! I mean bad, very very bad...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review