Vanilla Coca Cola is back! (UK)


I was a big fan of vanilla coke when it was launched in the early '00s, and when it was axed I thought it was gone for good. It's not the sort of flavour you would really expect to be popular - citrus or cherry seem to be more commonly paired with cola - so I wasn't expecting a return any time soon.

Thankfully I was wrong, because it's now back on shelves after a 6 year absence! According to Coca Cola UK there's been a big demand from consumers to bring it back, and they have listened.

I've been searching for this ever since I read about it, and actually passed it by a couple of times in Tesco because it looked almost identical to the regular bottles of Coca Cola there. There isn't really much to distinguish it apart from a beige streak and swirly symbol on the label, and I had to look closely to notice the word vanilla.

Taste-wise it wasn't quite as good as I remember. It tasted sweet with just the faintest hint of vanilla giving it a smoother, more rounded taste than regular Coca Cola, but it didn't taste all that different to be honest.

Overall, it's great to see Vanilla Coke make a return, but I think it should have a more pronounced vanilla flavour. Maybe I'm just looking at the past with rose-tinted glasses, but I remember it being much nicer. I'm pretty sure there also used to be a diet version, which may be the one I'm remembering. If anyone else remembers it please do leave a comment!

Price: £1.15 at Tesco.
Nutrional facts/ingredients: Contains caffeine.

Were you a fan of Vanilla Coke when it was launched, or are you completely new to it? Are you glad it's back? Please let me know your thoughts in the comments!

Comments

  1. Awesome! I only tried this for the first time the other day and that was from an import shop and I loved it! Mega chuffed to hear this news as I missed out first time around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw these in Tesco too, the small bottles were 2 for £1.50 which is not bad, but I'm a bit greedy and waiting for the bigger bottles! I LOVE vanilla coke!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg diet coke vanilla is the best! I hope they bring it back too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diet Vanilla coke had the more pronounced vanilla flavour!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I thought so! Wish they would bring that back too.

      Delete
  5. I've waited for years for this to come back, got to the point were I tbought it wasn't coming back, best drink in the world cold!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was sooooo happy to hear this was coming back. I had been badgering Coke via email for years! But it has been the biggest disapointment ever! I don't know exactly what is different but it is certainly not the same as before. You can barely tasts the vanilla and you cannot smell it at all. It just taste's like regular Coke to me. I wish I hadn't rused out and bought 48 cans of it.....!
    :-(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy is back! Now all I need is for mars delight to come back and I can be happy :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realize they'd stopped making Mars Delight! I used to be seriously addicted to them when they were first launched!

      Delete
  8. I was so psyched when I saw the ad for vanilla coke on a bus last month! Haven't gone to get one yet, but I remember loving it when I was younger – a bit like an ice cream float.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was addicted to Vanilla Coke back home in Australia. When I moved to the UK 5 years ago I was devastated to find that it wasn't sold here any more!

    Today I spotted some bottles in Boots and nearly lost my mind with excitement! I bought four! :-)

    Thanks Coke!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found out today that Vanilla Coke had made a return. After a rather childish exclamation of my joy, I rushed to the shop and bought four bottles like the Boots guy!

    To make it even better, I was able to buy the remaining 24 the shop had in the back for a great price - a tenner for all 24!

    Best day ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. raaaah u playerz love food

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh yh, and if u wanna try some crazy ass new shit (not new but crazy ass never the less!). Morrisons lemon muffins (freshly baked in store) 4 for like £1.60. I have my suspicions they lace them with crack yeh they tht good!! trust me playa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. There did use to be a diet version and I loved it. I want the diet version back as I have no intention of drinking the full sugar version.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just to let you guys know, Poundland are stocking cans at 3 for £1!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still selling them there till this day!

      Delete
    2. Still selling them there till this day!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review